Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: HamIsland Logo Search!

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    Oh! My mistake, my apologies.
    No sweat, Ron, I was just yanking your chain a little bit.

Do you freelance? I have an idea for a "logo" for my club newsletter, but I can't draw a straight line by hand, despite my father's best efforts...
    Well, I haven't for years now but I'd be willing to take stab at working something up for you.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    No sweat, Ron, I was just yanking your chain a little bit.

Well, I haven't for years now but I'd be willing to take stab at working something up for you.
    Yeah, I saw that as I went down the thread. No worries.

Regarding the artwork (let's call it what it is)...

I'm thinking of something in black & white, color not needed. Thinking on the lines of the classic 'Gil' cartoons, or Otto Eppers W8EA/W2EA drawings for QSL cards (see http://www.arrl.org/otto-eppers-making-waves & http://picasaweb.google.com/w8jyz.Bo...ardsOttoEppers#)... and considering that the club's initials are WASH & the newsletter name is The WASHRag...

Imagine a tree on the left side, a line proceeding right, with a caricature housewife hanging laundry on it, or laundry hanging on it and said housewife is stereotypically gossiping along a fence behind with a neighbor. Suddenly, the line (no longer a laundry rope) has a coax feed on it. The line proceeds left (either to another tree, a building, or just into thin air), but the coax feed swings down into the back of a radio on a table (seen from the side?) with a ham yakkin' away at a mike, or pounding brass, or something. Thus playing on the "wash" pun.

That's the general concept. If that's workable (and I'm thinking of a top-of-page masthead or logo), I'll leave the sundry details up to you.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

I don't think I'm the man for this one, Ron—I'm a lousy cartoonist. Palm trees and clouds are one thing, what you want requires somebody with a different set of skills from mine. I appreciate the offer, though.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    I don't think I'm the man for this one, Ron—I'm a lousy cartoonist. Palm trees and clouds are one thing, what you want requires somebody with a different set of skills from mine. I appreciate the offer, though.
    OK. Hey, it was a thought.

I regret having lost touch with the artist who designed my 1979 WN3VAW card. Her name is (was) Sally C. Fink, I knew her from Penn State and the SciFi fandom group up there at the time; I met her through her boyfriend/fiance/husband/ex-husband N3CHT. She did some really gorgeous pen-and-ink work, and she was kind enough to do the drawing for me (not for free... of course, the $25 it cost then was a lot more money than $25 today!). She also did artwork for George's card, and for a card for the Penn State club (which I also own -- the artwork that is, well, after all, I paid for it!). Then we drifted apart after she and George moved back to Johnstown, and I lost touch with her, and later, him. Pity. I hope she is doing well, but I haven't heard from her in years.
    WN3VAW 1979.jpg
    I recently scanned the card, and did a little manipulation on the caligraphy, so I'll be able to use it again with W3WN -- after all, it was just a little re-arranging of the letters.

(By the way, the artwork IS copyrighted by me, just in case anyone asks. I really like this card, but I just don't want to see it become another "generic" drawing that someone out there is selling, ya know what I mean?)
    Last edited by W3WN; 07-12-2011 at 11:06 AM.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

These guys wanted a dog with tits but said this was too risque.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    These guys wanted a dog with tits but said this was too risque.

LCD monitor spittle here ...

Well the knob is pretty cool. Maybe two knobs, strategically placed.

Ham Island url on the left one, your callsign on the right one.
    Back of the shirt: "Gretchen's Fan Club", and more Island Ads.

Eh?
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

happy-birthday.jpgDeleted til I figger out how to resize F$#^&*&^%$$% pic
    Last edited by W5RB; 07-13-2011 at 09:08 PM.
    I won't question your Creator's wisdom , but you are responsible for your own actions .

Russ, W5RB

"Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

Quote Originally Posted by NA4BH View Post
    Ooooooooooooooooooo!