Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: remembering an old quote

remembering an old quote

I was watching the Tavis Smiley program on PBS, and was reminded of maybe the best quote from president Calvin Coolidge. This sums it up.

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race”

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

"Madam, you lose."
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!

"We only become what we are by the radical and deep-seated refusal of that which others have made of us." --- Jean-Paul Sartre.

"Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past." --- George Orwell.

"Calvin, is it not past your bedtime?" ok not calvin, but about him.

Attachment 4211

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

I think that Sarah Palin exemplifies this. What else does she have going for her but persistence? Certainly not talent, genius or education.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    I think that Sarah Palin exemplifies this. What else does she have going for her but persistence? Certainly not talent, genius or education.
    Calvin sez she will win.

cul de n8tb

Silent Key Member 5-25-2015 W1GUH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    tits and ass
    If it's a war on drugs, then free the POW's.

Quote Originally Posted by W1GUH View Post
    tits and ass
    Many men will respond accordingly. If I go with good looks, Romney will win hands down. When women finally were allowed to vote in all states, many spent their first vote on Warren Harding, a typical crook/politician. Substance did not matter, he was thought to be dashingly handsome in the day. Things have not changed. Romney, and Palin, or batshit Bachman would be a good Ken, & Barbie ticket. Those two women fail when they open their mouths.

cul de n8tb

Undisclosed solar powered burrow in Southern Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by W1GUH View Post
    tits and ass
    Please allow me to add my quote...

I CANT FAP TO THAT!

Or at least to Palins junk...ugh...
    Yeah...I'm a furry...Deal with it!

Quote Originally Posted by w3bny View Post
    Please allow me to add my quote...

I CANT FAP TO THAT!

Or at least to Palins junk...ugh...
    Quoting you from another thread:

"You know you wanna."

"Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Banned
    This Calvin fellow was a fool in this regard for a persistent and determined idiot can be the greatest curse upon mankind, Sarah Palin perfect example.

He got it right here however:

… an old joke about Calvin Coolidge when he was President … The President and Mrs. Coolidge were being shown [separately] around an experimental government farm. When [Mrs. Coolidge] came to the chicken yard she noticed that a rooster was mating very frequently. She asked the attendant how often that happened and was told, “Dozens of times each day.” Mrs. Coolidge said, “Tell that to the President when he comes by.” Upon being told, President asked, “Same hen every time?” The reply was, “Oh, no, Mr. President, a different hen every time.” President: “Tell that to Mrs. Coolidge.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coolidge_effect
    Last edited by kc7jty; 06-06-2011 at 01:37 PM.