Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Putting together a BITX20

Putting together a BITX20

I bought a BITX20 kit with FLL from India on ebay for about £60 or $100. I've got most of it together, have only aligned RX and tested RX at the moment. A few components were missing/wrong so I need to wait until some more components arrive to finish it off. It has a transceiver board, a separate PSU and PA board and a small circuit board for an S-meter add on. Unfortunately my S-meter and speaker were damaged in the post, but neither were good enough anyway so no great loss. I'm going to add varactor and 10-turn pot tuning.

Gotta decide on a nice case before I can continue - does anyone know of any really nice cases for homebrew rigs? Something ... special?

Pics to follow :)

Check out how this guy put his kit built rig together. http://w1jsb.com/sw.html I like cases where you can see the guts.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

Quote Originally Posted by KC9ECI View Post
    Check out how this guy put his kit built rig together. http://w1jsb.com/sw.html I like cases where you can see the guts.
    Ha, yeah that looks pretty cool, creative use of a 'lunch-box'

Scary thing is....I have one of those plastic cases sitting about 4 feet from me and I've been wondering what I could do with it.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

Scary thing is....I have one of those plastic cases sitting about 4 feet from me and I've been wondering what I could do with it.
    You're doomed now...
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Pretty much...and I'm leaving for Dayton on Wednesday evening. I'm prepared to abandon all hope at this point.

Pretty much...and I'm leaving for Dayton on Wednesday evening. I'm prepared to abandon all hope at this point.
    The organizers of the Dayton Hamfest should paraphrase Dante's Inferno and hang a sign that says "Abandon all hope for your wallets, ye who enter here" over the entrance.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by mw0uzo View Post
    Gotta decide on a nice case before I can continue - does anyone know of any really nice cases for homebrew rigs? Something ... special?

Pics to follow :)
    Ten Tec has some nice boxes that they make. See the non-amateur side of their web site.
    When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence. — GARY LLOYD

The nation we live in is the nation we have built by design, each successive generation raising the wall of tyranny a little higher. - Chris Griffin

Conch Master
    I have one of Dave Curry's old LOWFER 25 Watt SSB kits. I bought a giant 30 ma meter to use with it, so I would like to put it in a wood case that would sort of be period to the time low freq was used on ships.
    "Love Trumps Hate."
    "You Facist, Sexual Predator!"
    " I thought a lot about blowing up the White House"
    Uh Huh, What Love?

Quote Originally Posted by KK4AMI View Post
    I have one of Dave Curry's old LOWFER 25 Watt SSB kits. I bought a giant 30 ma meter to use with it, so I would like to put it in a wood case that would sort of be period to the time low freq was used on ships.
    Would these Hammond cases be any good? They're pretty expensive, but perhaps the style is what you're looking for?

http://www.rapidonline.com/Tools-Fas...els/500156/kw/

http://www.rapidonline.com/Tools-Fas...els/500157/kw/

http://www.rapidonline.com/Tools-Fas...els/500155/kw/
    Last edited by mw0uzo; 05-25-2011 at 02:21 PM.