Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Fifty Ugliest Cars of the Last Fifty Years.

The Fifty Ugliest Cars of the Last Fifty Years.

The 50 ugliest cars of the last half century according to a list compiled by BusinessWeek (Slideshow).

Considering how many new cars are rolled out every year, it's no surprise that a few might be just plain homely. There's a chance that certain styles might become fashionable with a dash of retro hip. (Well, maybe not from the 1970s.) But for the most part, the following 50 cars will never be anything but design duds.
    Fifty Ugliest Cars of the Past 50 Years

Last edited by N2NH; 05-08-2011 at 06:28 PM.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. So, too, with its opposite.
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!

"We only become what we are by the radical and deep-seated refusal of that which others have made of us." --- Jean-Paul Sartre.

"Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past." --- George Orwell.

Silent Key Member 5-25-2015 W1GUH's Avatar
    According to the late Tom McCahill, the absolute winner is the Citreon 2CV...

If it's a war on drugs, then free the POW's.

I owned one of those. I disagree with the super Italian sports car that look like its going 200 mph parked. I test drove a chevy avalanche. damn near bought it.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Quote Originally Posted by suddenseer View Post
    I owned one of those. I disagree with the super Italian sports car that look like its going 200 mph parked. I test drove a chevy avalanche. damn near bought it.
    Yeah, that is a pretty popular truck and many GM trucks use the same basic design. They chose one with the stock wheel option for the article.

Winner of what?? The ugly contest??

Quote Originally Posted by W1GUH View Post
    According to the late Tom McCahill, the absolute winner is the Citreon 2CV...

Quote Originally Posted by WA4TM View Post
    Winner of what?? The ugly contest??
    Yep. Featured as such on the cover of Popular Mechanics, sometime in the 60's.

The Chevy Citation and Pontiac Phoenix were not included and MOST DEFINITELY should have been. Not just from a looks standpoint but from an ugly engineering aspect as well.
    ETA: I forgot to add the Oldsmobile Omega that was the Olds version of those same two above.

And, of course, the ubiquitous Post Office trucks just gotta get at least honorable mention.