Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Heart problems

Greek yogurt, Kalamata olives, chopped garlic and olive oil.
    Yep. Just ate about a half pint right after I took some fish oil, E, C and some other shit I can't think what the Γµ€♫ it was.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Greek yogurt, Kalamata olives, chopped garlic and olive oil.
    Yep. Just ate about a half pint right after I took some fish oil, E, C and some other shit I can't think what the Γµ€♫ it was.
    Careful of too much E; it stacks in the body fat and cannot be flushed out like water-soluble vitamins.

And don't turn your back on that yoghurt!

;)
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!

"We only become what we are by the radical and deep-seated refusal of that which others have made of us." --- Jean-Paul Sartre.

"Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past." --- George Orwell.

Quote Originally Posted by N7YA View Post
    I just visited my heart doctor yesterday for my follow-up. After some blood work and an unpleasant stress test, he told me my heart is good overall, no holes, normal size, but i do have a blocked artery on the underside, likely due to bad eating habits growing up.

In recent years, i have been changing my diet slowly to exclude soda and other things bad for me, but its not enough. I was put on baby aspirin and told that i may need to have surgery. This is not the news i wanted to hear as i am quite healthy otherwise.

When i met my wife, she was a vegetarian and 114 lbs. Now she eats meat, dessert and fried foods and has shot up to 150...this is my fault. After the appointment, we had a lengthy discussion about what to do so i may play with my grandchildren and enjoy our new house. Basically, i dont want to be a invalid due to stroke, and moreso, i dont want to die. We have decided to make drastic changes.

We have researched living a vegetarian lifestyle and found nothing but good news, most of those foods can actually reverse and clear out clogged arteries if i stick with the diet and stay active to strengthen the heart. We have decided to go this route.

Have any of you had to make this kind of change?
    About 7 years ago I was 225 lbs. BP high, cholesterol high, blood sugar high. I stopped eating anything with sugar or salt, and cut out fried food. Then I started walking a mile on the tredmill every day, and quit smoking. I'm about 195 now and feel a lot better. I may even live a few extra years now.

Quote Originally Posted by w2amr View Post
    About 7 years ago I was 225 lbs. BP high, cholesterol high, blood sugar high. I stopped eating anything with sugar or salt, and cut out fried food. Then I started walking a mile on the tredmill every day, and quit smoking. I'm about 195 now and feel a lot better. I may even live a few extra years now.
    All good stuff, Geo, but the stopping smoking was probably the smartest and best thing you did. Nice to awaken mornings not having your mouth taste like a puddle under a culvert and the decision whether to light up before or after you take a piss, ain't it?
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!

"We only become what we are by the radical and deep-seated refusal of that which others have made of us." --- Jean-Paul Sartre.

"Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past." --- George Orwell.

Quote Originally Posted by W3MIV View Post
    All good stuff, Geo, but the stopping smoking was probably the smartest and best thing you did. Nice to awaken mornings not having your mouth taste like a puddle under a culvert and the decision whether to light up before or after you take a piss, ain't it?
    Also Nice to wake up in the morning without sounding like I'm coughing up a lung .

Oatmeal, raw, straight out of the coil form it is sold in.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Oatmeal, raw, straight out of the coil form it is sold in.
    It's best moistened a bit with a fine single malt.
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!

Quote Originally Posted by W3MIV View Post
    It's best moistened a bit with a fine single malt.
    Maybe for bedtime sleepy tea.
    Cutting back on the coffee really helps reduce the need or want for alcohol.

Nah. It's an Irish thing. Oatmeal is too bland, and milk is for babies. A fine single malt or Jameson adds a bit of flavor to the mush. Sugar is not good for you, and molasses are wasted if not made into rum. Hmmmmm. That might work, too, come to think of it.
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!

Who the hell uses milk? I said eat it RAW!
    You're a pussy.