Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Name of that Bread is WHAT?

The Name of that Bread is WHAT?

Sure have been a lot of ads for a new line of bread lately.

Bimbo.

Really. Bimbo Bread. Animated ads with a cute little bear leading smiling cartoon kids romping through a field, jumping on slices, with a cheery jingle.

Who names this stuff, anyway?

OK, I understand it's an overseas company that's been buying up quite a few North American brands within recent years (including Stroehman's and Thomas' English Muffins)... but did anyone thing about what the word "Bimbo" means?

"Hey Mom! Can I have a slice of Bimbo!" Right.

And if you click on the link... http://www.bimbobread.com/ ... you will get an earful of their cheery commercial. Be warned!
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

It's a Mexican brand coming to a store near you! Been here for a few years now. The Mexican flea market even has a booth that sells toddler and children's clothing with the Bimbo logo on it.

Charles is corrrect—Bimbo is a huge Mexican corporation. They own a few American brands, too: Entenmann's, Thomas' English Muffins, Orowheat and Sara Lee, among others. Being so close to the border, they're pretty well-known around these parts and have been for years.
    Last edited by NQ6U; 04-25-2011 at 10:13 PM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Banned
    The USA is the perfect opportunity for the right strategy company. We are a land of brain dead, respond to what appeals to a 6 yr old. Arnold/Oroweat is on my blacklist, thanks for the Bimbo, Thomas heads up.

In Idaho, store brand, sliced, in the plastic bag, "100% whole wheat" sandwich bread is $1.59 for 24 ounce loaf. Here in suburban Phila. it's $3.99... WTF! And the stuff here has CALCIUM added.
    Who determined CALCIUM will be added to all/most sandwich bread sold in SE PA?

Quote Originally Posted by kc7jty View Post
    The USA is the perfect opportunity for the right strategy company. We are a land of brain dead, respond to what appeals to a 6 yr old. Arnold/Oroweat is on my blacklist, thanks for the Bimbo, Thomas heads up.
    Why are you putting it on your blacklist? Because it's Bimbo? Are they any worse than any other big corporation?
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Chevrolet No-Go. (No-va).
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post
    Chevrolet No-Go. (No-va).
    Urban legend.

http://www.snopes.com/business/misxlate/nova.asp

They've had Bimbo bread here for awhile. Also SuperBread (which is from India). I get whichever is cheaper. One day I dumped the Bimbo when I found out SuperBread was a buck cheaper.
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Quote Originally Posted by kc7jty View Post
    Who determined CALCIUM will be added to all/most sandwich bread sold in SE PA?
    Lots of schools in SE PA. Lowering the school budget by selling off all the used chalk spuds. Gotta do sumpthin wit'em.
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!

"We only become what we are by the radical and deep-seated refusal of that which others have made of us." --- Jean-Paul Sartre.

"Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past." --- George Orwell.

Undisclosed solar powered burrow in Southern Maryland
    Gringos.....Where the hell you all been. Pan Bimbo has been in my neck of Texas since....Oh...1964 at least.
    Yeah...I'm a furry...Deal with it!