Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Auto Insurance Collision Gurus In The House?

Any Auto Insurance Collision Gurus In The House?

PM me.
    Last week a woman of questionable sobriety hit our truck.

Sorry to hear that, Charles. Hope all comes out OK.
    When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence. — GARY LLOYD

The nation we live in is the nation we have built by design, each successive generation raising the wall of tyranny a little higher. - Chris Griffin

The other driver was faulted but ... looking for input. Our truck is being declared totaled after it was considered fixable.

That's a case of current market value vs repair cost.
    When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence. — GARY LLOYD

The nation we live in is the nation we have built by design, each successive generation raising the wall of tyranny a little higher. - Chris Griffin

The Edmund's value does not reflect the reality of the cost of a truck of the same year being offered for sale at a dealer OR a private sale with similar mileage.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    The Edmund's value does not reflect the reality of the cost of a truck of the same year being offered for sale at a dealer OR a private sale with similar mileage.
    Try the NADA value, it's usually closer than Edmunds.

Quote Originally Posted by W5GA View Post
    Try the NADA value, it's usually closer than Edmunds.
    Thanks. Trying to use their site but they keep pointing me towards new vehicles.

Banned
    Sactown Dave might be able to shed some light.

In my area so far, to replace it with the same year with similar mileage and V6&automatic is running between 5800 to 6000. However, they are few and far between with most listings in NC and Georgia. Same for Craiglist. We were not at fault, we also had no monthly payments as it was paid for. The cheapest one is in GA at 4100 and 250,000 miles, was a fleet vehicle.
    The other drivers ins company is Geico.

Yessir, NX6D has been in the biz for years.

Depending, you may be able to get more from your insurance than you think, but it might take a lawyer.

After the motorcycle accident, I now carry a strong under-insured/uninsured motorist rider on my policy.
    By bundling, with multiple vehicles and more coverage on my renters policy it does not cost that much.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman