Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Won another high court case.

Won another high court case.

For an ham, regarding his antenna's placed on/near his house against his Council.
    http://www.raadvanstate.nl/uitsprake...id=7s38UvFsXQ4
    Dutch, highest court in the Netherlands.

Another file i can close now.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Honorary Old Fart
    Dirty Old Mans club Junior Auxillary
    (Dirty Old Man in waiting)
    Get off My Lawn.
    ===========================
    4 out of 5 Seniors Prefer the taste
    of Alpo over other leading National Brands

Yep, have that translator as link, but the translation lacks a bitt, but as long the outcome is positive for my client, he is happy ;)
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Banned
    Hello.

OK, got the 5 meters thing down, but that was it.
    Someone is upset about an antenna, the defense is that everyone else puts up a satellite dish.
    That is as far as I got. ;)

Cor is trying to wear something stylish around his neck. ;)

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

My father was a policemen for 40 years, i grew up reading his court cases, and spend my time of 3.5 years with Her Majesties Customs, learning law at the same time.

That always kept me interested, to the point i had a few court cases for myself and won, helping other people ( for free) doing the same.
    25 years back i took our council to court for bad maintenance of the apartment buildings i lived in and won, costing them 7.7 million guilders in repairs.
    When we got internet, 14.4 kbs modems and all that things went even more easy looking up court cases and law, till then i needed a gaggle of Dutch/European law books to keep up.

Consumer rights, renters rights, and ham radio, specially antenna's etc is my field, and no, I'm not a solicitor, just good in my field of expertise.

The law here is simple, for building antenna's or masts with antenna, you need no permits up to 5 meters above the roof .
    Above 5 meters above the roof, of free standing masts you need a light permit, up to 40 meters above the ground, above 40 meters you need the full building permit, where more laws come to play and things get more difficult
    By the EVRM Art 10 section 1 we are permitted to transceive and recieve information free of any influence of the government, that treaty is binding and even supported in our law ( art 93, 94) of the Dutch law
    Meaning that nobody can forbid me to put up antenna's on the house or grounds.
    But in his case, and many others, councils think they are above the law and try to get those "ugly" antenna's out of the densely populated city's or just not allow them.

That's mostly where i come in, lawyers here are costly 250 to 350 Euro's an hour ex expenses...
    I do it free just costs i ask back, travelling to the Hague to the High Court, or anywhere else.
    A service for hams, never lost a case too.
    But taking up 2 - 3 hours daily here, writing letters, reading up on the cases, etc.
    This case ran for 6 years, he had his antenna's up, so it was just the case to get the council to stop trying to get his antenna's from the roof.
    Horizontal antenna's are free of any interference of the council or state, these were all vertical antenna's for his repeaters he runs at home.
    We already won a lower court case, but the council decided to go on to the highest court we have here. but lost again.

He had 6 antenna's or masts/antenna's up all under or just 5 meters tall, so no building permit needed, 3 masts were a few inches too high.
    His council where the lives think they are above the law, and now face the consequences, and it set a precedent in our law, jurisprudence i can now call back on in other cases.

Sometimes i feel a bit like Don Quixote, but then it IS my hobby, and if you have rights you should also be prepared to fight for them.

Banned
    Hello.

Here in Texas I am a Paralegal.
    In Mexico have hold the official title of notary of representation, pretty much the same thing.
    The neat part of Texas is that we have Justice of the Peace courts, where the judge is not a lawyer and you can have anyone represent you, including a Paralegal.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_judicial_system

Quote Originally Posted by KA5PIU View Post
    Hello.

Here in Texas I am a Paralegal.
    Funny--the Texas State Bar seems to know nothing about you.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Funny--the Texas State Bar seems to know nothing about you.
    Hello.

Paralegals need not register with the bar.

"In other jurisdictions, such as Texas and North Carolina, courts have approved voluntary certification programs to set higher paralegal standards and raise the profile of the paralegal profession. The Texas Board of Legal Specialization administers a voluntary certification program for paralegals who wish to be board certified in a specialty area of law. The certification process is governed by the Texas Plan for Recognition and Regulation of Legal Assistants, as amended in June of 1999. "
    http://apps.americanbar.org/buslaw/b...2/durgin.shtml
    I can not register with the Texas state bar if I wanted to, I have been disbarred as an attorney with no recourse.

Quote Originally Posted by KA5PIU View Post
    Hello.

Here in Texas I am a Paralegal. < snip >
    Of course you are. How COULD we ever doubt you?

So, you work construction, consult with the Saudi's, and give marital advice at the mosque when you're on vacation or in your spare time? To say nothing of, ah, shall we say, servicing mothers and their daughters as what, an act of charity?

No wonder you don't have time to investigate the Kennedy assaination, solve world peace, or reveal the truth about Hanger 51 and Warehouse 51 in Area 51. (Hint: Area 51 is a cover -- it's really Area 52.)
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati