Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Need some assistance President Lincoln

Need some assistance President Lincoln

I'm repairing a Lincoln for someone. Fixed a load of problems with it but one has cropped up just when I thought I had it in 100% working order, that was not there before I started all the work.

The control buttons channel, band, indicator etc do not respond. The frequency dial is OK. The rig will TX when the mic is keyed. If anyone here has one of these radios, can they experiment with simulating a stuck button to see if they get the sort of problem I am describing?

If multiple buttons don't respond, it is not a stuck button, you better look for the connection of the front panel to the PLL board the buttons work for, there will be a connector or something that might have come loose or broken.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Quote Originally Posted by PA5COR View Post
    If multiple buttons don't respond, it is not a stuck button, you better look for the connection of the front panel to the PLL board the buttons work for, there will be a connector or something that might have come loose or broken.
    Thanks for the reply. I have checked for loose wires or open connections to the front panel switch board, but there are none. I will check again tomorrow. I am worried that the CPU is damaged.

The five row/column lines for the keypad measure three at 5V and two at 0V. The pulldown 47k resistor pack is ok. :(

I will unplug the front panel and check the line states tomorrow.
    Last edited by mw0uzo; 03-04-2011 at 05:47 PM.

Need some assistance President Lincoln

Oh, it's about radios. I thought you wanted him to resubmit the Emancipation Proclamation or something.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Oh, it's about radios. I thought you wanted him to resubmit the Emancipation Proclamation or something.
    Ha no, but the wiki on that was interesting and showed my complete lack of knowledge about almost everything considered important in recent history...
    My wife would probably have bitchslapped me for not knowing immediately what it was. She knows about history and political stuff.
    Last edited by mw0uzo; 03-04-2011 at 05:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mw0uzo View Post
    Ha no, but the wiki on that was interesting and showed my complete lack of knowledge about almost everything considered important in recent history...
    Trust me on this--the majority of us Americans are far more ignorant about the English Civil War than you Welshmen are of ours.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

I think i might have a lincoln PLL board somewhere, even a working lincoln reset to just 10 meters.
    Schematic diagram and all that is somewhere on a USB H.D, too.
    It's been years since i tinkered with one....
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Quote Originally Posted by PA5COR View Post
    I think i might have a lincoln PLL board somewhere, even a working lincoln reset to just 10 meters.
    Schematic diagram and all that is somewhere on a USB H.D, too.
    It's been years since i tinkered with one....
    That's excellent news, if I have had a disaster then i'll offer you a good price for the PLL/CPU board. The CPU is a uC-1201A. :)

I'll have a look for it, it will be buried in the pile somewhere ;)

Pob lwc gyda'r gwaith atgyweirio y President Lincoln.
    KD8EFQ ~ "With MFJ one might as well stand outside during the worst possible calamity and wair for death."