Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is it?

What is it?

I recently acquired a box full of miscellaneous electronics components (thanks, Steve!) and am in the process of identifying everything. I'm done with most of the semiconductors but there are a couple of items that I'm having problems with. The picture below shows one of them--it looks like a transistor, but it's not. I figured it's probably a voltage regulator, but I can't find a number that matches up with it. Anyone here have an idea? The lettering reads ZEN 315.

All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Are you sure it's not? When I was about 10 years old, I used to buy transistors that looked just like that. Got a transistor tester? An old Micronta or Archer unit?

Banned
    "NTE101 (NPN)
    Germanium Complementary Transistors
    Oscillator, Mixer for AM Radio,
    Medium Speed Switch"

Banned
    You're welcome :)

Okay, thanks. How did you find the info?
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Okay, thanks. How did you find the info?
    NTE cross reference is your friend :) If you can't find it there, there's other places but if it exists it's probably in NTE's database.

You forget I spent 20 years maintaining obsolete equipment.
    Last edited by N2CHX; 02-22-2011 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by N2KKM View Post
    NTE cross reference is your friend :) If you can't find it there, there's other places but if it exists it's probably in NTE's database.

You forget I spent 20 years maintaining obsolete equipment.
    Okay, good to know.

BTW, if anyone needs a transistor to repair the horizontal deflection circuit on a TV/CRT monitor, drop me a line. I've got a bunch of them.

Just downloaded the NTE cross reference app. Thanks for the heads-up--I've got a few other unidentifiable transistors.

See why I didn't want to sort and try to identify all of that stuff?