Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Microwave popcorn can go bad...

Silent Key Member 5-25-2015 W1GUH's Avatar

Microwave popcorn can go bad...

Popped a bag last week to tes my microwave. Tasted awful. The date on the box was 11/09. Only expired by over a year!
    If it's a war on drugs, then free the POW's.

Yeah!

Why put dates on that stuff anyway ;)
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Not just the microwave stuff.

Boss picked up a jar of Orville's finest for the hot air popper. Tasted stale. Switched to a bag of the generic store brand, tasted great (well, considering it was plain and had no extra flavoring... it needed salt, but that was to be expected).

Real food doesn't last forever. And preservatives only get you so far... just ask Joan Rivers.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Oil goes rancid when exposed to air. Old microwave popcorn contains oil in the pouch which gradually succumbs the oxygen that seeps in. As any popcorn aficionado can tell you, you buy this stuff to eat, not to warehouse on a shelf. Too, as any p'corn gourmet will aver, air popping is for shit, not popcorn. FAT IS FLAVOR. You want bland? Don't eat!
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!

"We only become what we are by the radical and deep-seated refusal of that which others have made of us." --- Jean-Paul Sartre.

"Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past." --- George Orwell.

Quote Originally Posted by W3MIV View Post
    Oil goes rancid when exposed to air. Old microwave popcorn contains oil in the pouch which gradually succumbs the oxygen that seeps in. As any popcorn aficionado can tell you, you buy this stuff to eat, not to warehouse on a shelf. Too, as any p'corn gourmet will aver, air popping is for shit, not popcorn. FAT IS FLAVOR. You want bland? Don't eat!
    Well, my doctor has expressly forbidden microwave popcorn until further notice. The air popped is bland, but it is filling and it is fiber.

So -- be a mensch. Don't tell me what I already know, tell me how I can add flavor to the air popped without driving my sugar levels up & keeping my doctor happy!
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.

Cutch 300!!!!!

Get another doctor.
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!

"We only become what we are by the radical and deep-seated refusal of that which others have made of us." --- Jean-Paul Sartre.

"Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past." --- George Orwell.

Quote Originally Posted by W3MIV View Post
    Get another doctor.
    The thought has crossed my mind.

I did NOT care for the cheery way he informed me "Congratulations! You're a diabetic!"

And he is getting most insistent about another prostate examination. For someone who claims he doesn't like to give them, he sure reaches for the rubber gloves in a hurry. To keep the records complete, you know. Frak the records.

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!

Silent Key Member 5-25-2015 W1GUH's Avatar
    Just roll on your side and try and relax.
    If it's a war on drugs, then free the POW's.

Banned
    Hello.

We had this old lady that we kept around.
    She bought some "Fresh" bread "Paid full price!", but decided to keep it a while for whatever unknown reason.
    Finally, she decides to make sandwiches with it, the two of us said we wanted none.
    So, she puts all of the sandwiches in a bag and hands them to the old man.
    He trots off to work, a computer tape librarian.
    Comes time for lunch and he hits the bag, even he has standards!
    Perhaps it was the fresh penicillin? nobody knows.
    He stayed with a friend for the rest of the week!
    Remember that most people grow up with parents, we grew up with drug fiends, fresh is something unusual.

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    The thought has crossed my mind.

I did NOT care for the cheery way he informed me "Congratulations! You're a diabetic!"

And he is getting most insistent about another prostate examination. For someone who claims he doesn't like to give them, he sure reaches for the rubber gloves in a hurry. To keep the records complete, you know. Frak the records.
    I recommend you have a PSA test done every time you have blood drawn. It is a good indicator of impending prostate problems.

In so far as diabetes is concerned, I sense a great increase in the numbers of Type II diagnoses that I believe are questionable. If the serum glucose levels are border-line and you don't experience hypoglycemia (serious lowering of your serum glucose), I think I would seek another opinion. Type II Diabetes often can be controlled by weight loss, diet and exercise. Too many dox seem to want to start pushing pills when pushing the table is often a better solution. Get another opinion.
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!