Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: White Bread

Banned

White Bread

White Bread. Is it good for you?

The difference between white whole-wheat bread and regular whole-wheat bread is in the type of wheat used. White whole-wheat bread is made with white wheat, which lacks bran color. It also has a milder flavor and softer texture. In contrast, regular whole-wheat bread is made with red wheat, which is darker in color. It has a slightly bitter taste and a coarser texture. So even though both types of bread are made with whole grains, they have a different color, taste and texture. Other products besides bread, such as crackers and baking mixes, may also be made with white whole wheat.
    I like flavor in my bread. White bread is so tasteless.

Banned
    Who da cluck ever heard of white whole wheat flour? White bread and other baked products in this country are made of bleached white flour that has had the bran, and the germ removed.
    http://www.womenfitness.net/ugly_truths.htm

Hello
    (Just Kidding)

I try to buy whole grain white when I can find it in the store.
    There is a bakery called Big Sky Bread Co. that makes a sour kraut-dill bread that is killer grilled.
    Of course it all depends on what ya plan to make as to what type of bread I want to use.

Bargain Bread sux for grilled cheese sammiches :)
    Last edited by kd8dey; 01-30-2011 at 10:27 PM.
    Honorary Old Fart
    Dirty Old Mans club Junior Auxillary
    (Dirty Old Man in waiting)
    Get off My Lawn.
    ===========================
    4 out of 5 Seniors Prefer the taste
    of Alpo over other leading National Brands

Banned
    Thanks for the link. I could not believe this crap they were putting out about the link I had. I now it is a major source of calories.

I just make my own. This came out of the oven a couple hours ago.

Sometimes I get lazy and just let the bread machine do all the work, but then there are those pesky holes in the bottom of the loaf.

Couldn't be easier. Packet of yeast, a little sugar, salt, oil, cup of warm water, 3 cups of flour and 1 cup of oatmeal. Now and then I'll get fancy and make a pepper loaf, or add some cheese and onion. Sure beats that Wonderbread crap.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

That top one is a South Carolina hamburger bun. Well it was before they took our jerbs.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KC9ECI View Post
    I made a cutting board similar to that in HS. Maple & Mahogany. My ex is still using it in Florida.

Banned
    One thing that can't be beat is having a breadmaker that you set to finish in the morning and you wake up to the smell of fresh bread. truly heaven.

Banned
    Hello.

I still have my Auto-Butler, a device that all but makes breakfast for you, with normal appliances.
    It is a real fancy sequential timer.
    You plug in your toaster, percolator, frying pan(s) and whatever else is needed for your breakfast.
    At the preset time the clock trips a bunch of thermal timers and cooks everything.
    The idea was that you plugged in a thermal timer for however long the stuff was to cook.
    The guy who had it could no longer find the octal based thermal timers and the mechanical clock was not reliable.
    I tossed the thermal timers and mechanical clock.
    Now there are 2 electronic clocks and 6 electronic timers, all electronic surplus.
    2 toasters are loaded the night before and the coffee pot is set.
    A mechanical timer microwave contains everything else.
    It trips in sequence and I have my coffee and toast ready with the oatmeal.
    About the time I am done with the first of the toast the second set pops up.
    After 6 sequences I am reminded to buy more food and every morning until I reset it.
    What can I say, I like automation? lazy? a combo of both?

Banned

Last edited by kc7jty; 01-31-2011 at 03:37 AM.