Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Prays and Sympathy Needed Please!

Prays and Sympathy Needed Please!

“Where do I begin to tell the story…………………”

About 18 months ago, I came into contact with this CB’er who needed repair work done on some “Legacy” equipment (my mentor and former employer, W8ERG SK was very prolific in his manufacturing. I am the “Go-to guy” when it come to stuff that he constructed).

As I am doing repair work for him, I am watching him burn up three Imax Ground plane Antennas from too many watts input. As quickly as I repair the equipment (Drake L4-B, Varmints, Golden Falcons, Heath SB 220’s ) he destroys it and, I cover it under a warranty circumstance; everything he touches turns to "ca-ca". I confront him and tell him that I cannot continue support his stupidity surrounding the amplifiers.

He goes out and buys this: DCP00956.jpg and, he burns the parasitic suppressors off, flattens the tubes and, shorts out the Load tuner.

http://forums.hamisland.net/showthread.php?12176-OK-who-did-it

Eventually, he talks me into getting into bed with him by selling him a QRO amp that I constructed. He gets it home and, just like everything else, the “Reciprocal Midas Touch” kicks in and, I attempt to do the responsible thing by getting the RF deck and bringing back to repair; I leave the B+ power supply at his house.

While I have the RF deck on the bench, the CB’er takes the B+ supply and starts running back and forth between numbers of people (in different cities!!!) who try to hook their RF decks to his B+ supply. I find out about it and, I tell him that this has damaged our business relationship and ends any and all agreement from me to support the equipment because he has modified / abused it. Now, he cannot even make the B+ supply available for me to connect the RF deck to in order to test.

So, in conclusion, I have been doing work on a piece of equipment owned by chicken-band whore/operator who has abandoned interest and left the equipment in an unusable state. He is not responding to phone calls, voicemails or, Text messages. I am thinking of some combination the following actions:

1. Remove / scavenge valuable components and replace them with lower wattage scrap.
    2. Place doggy poop in several Ziploc bags; duct tape the same to bottom of RF deck.
    3. Seal the RF deck with multiple tamper proof labels.
    4. Label reads, “This equipment has not been tested to compliance to FCC 47 CFR Part 15.
    5. File a Lien for the service provided and attach it to his property.
    I need your sympathy, prayers and, the largest container of Flea-Powder that you can find; one application will not be enough. I need enough to treat my whole house and also my “Brain”. Please pray that I do not continue to sink to a level lower than that of Whale Shit at the bottom of the Marianna’s Trench.

ETA: Thanks in advance for all the "You stoopid SOB" comments that I get; I deserve them.

Last edited by koØm; 01-30-2011 at 01:49 PM.

From the "I sell crack, and one of my customers robbed me" department.

Mean no offense, but why are you or would you do this at all? Ever?
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post

Do you ask the convience store operator why does he sell cigarettes or the Sporting Goods store why they sell Ammo;

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post

Because it makes a good story? I have some doubts about the veracity of this post.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Because it makes a good story? I have some doubts about the veracity of this post.
    ROFL I don't have a clue about your personal circumstances but, I betcha if we could trade places you would run screaming back to home in a "New York minute"; every word in the post is true.

Quote Originally Posted by koØm View Post
    ROFL I don't have a clue about your personal circumstances but, I betcha if we could trade places you would run screaming back to home in a "New York minute"; every word in the post is true.

You're half right--you don't have a clue. If every word in the post is true then you deserve everything you got. Chalk it up to experience, don't do it again and, most of all, don't come whining here if you do.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Send one back with a camera mounted in one of the lights and find out what he's doing. You're in this far, might as well go all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    .........don't come whining here if you do.
    <sarcasm>I'll have you know, I will "whine" where i wanna!</sarcasm>

The devil opened up his mic and he howled: "I'll start this show."
    And fire flew from his fingertips as he turns it QRO.
    And he pulled the mic across his desk and it made an evil hiss.
    Then a band of demons joined in and it sounded something like this.

"Screeeeeee! BURN BURN BURN- I STOMP"EM HARD- ROGER4-Screeeeee!"

When the devil finished, Mud Duck said: "Well you're pretty good ol' son.
    "But sit down at that rig, right there, and let me show you how its done."

"cq forty, cq forty, cq forty meters..."

The devil bowed his head because he knew that he'd been beat.
    He laid that golden screwdriver on the ground at Mud Ducks feet.

haha- there's a moral hidden deep in this thread somewhere
    *all the usual apolizings to Charlie Daniels and his fine band.
    Last edited by ki4itv; 01-30-2011 at 02:52 PM.

"Bacon, Beans and Limousines"
    "Actually, it's a Democratic Republic; Democratic comes first".
    Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is obviously me, But my attitude depends largely upon you.

Obviously this Charlie Chickenchoker has more dollars than sense. You may have to decide if it would be worth your time and money to initiate any kind of legal procedure.

If not, well...y'know, it's funny how that leenyar just sorta disappeared...you get my drift. :stirpot:
    73 de Mike, N5RLR

"I drink for the honorable purpose of getting bagged." -- Jackie Gleason
    "It is my belief...that the truth is generally preferable to lies." -- Albus Dumbledore