Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Homebrew Hydroelectric

Homebrew Hydroelectric

Thought this was a neat idea.

Last edited by KC9ECI; 01-29-2011 at 06:57 PM.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

Friggin Awesome! But a real strong potential to be a major shocker!

Oh yeah...there needs to be some serious safety upgrades made.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

I'd like to see a clear illustration of how he built his Pelton Wheel. That's the real key to the whole thing. I messed around with this sort of thing when I lived in Oregon but never really got anything working. It was a lot harder (read: impossible) to find things like a permanent magnet alternator 30+ years ago.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

I send the poster a message asking if he could post another video with more details on the wheel.

Rewinding car alternators and put in permanent magnets can be found on the net.
    Lots of work, but it will pay off if you are serious in providing your own alternative energy.
    You can use electric motors too, depending on the power you want to generate.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

I don't have any property with running water, but that could always change. The Field Day site that we operate from is right next to a small river so it might be kind of fun as a FD project at this point.

I applaud his resourcefulness, but one would think that drilling through a fiber grinding disc would trash a drill bit. :chin:
    73 de Mike, N5RLR

"I drink for the honorable purpose of getting bagged." -- Jackie Gleason
    "It is my belief...that the truth is generally preferable to lies." -- Albus Dumbledore

There was a guy at Hamvention a few years ago that was selling drill bits. He was drilling through all manner of crap. I just wish I could find a good countersink that lasted more than a week.