Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ren: This is it.

Forum Addict

Ren: This is it.

http://www.tacopan.com/ I be gettin one of these.. Talk about gettin flashy wit it !

Forty bucks for a chunk of spun metal? Let Rudi be the first.
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!

"We only become what we are by the radical and deep-seated refusal of that which others have made of us." --- Jean-Paul Sartre.

"Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past." --- George Orwell.

I think Rudy knows enough about real Mexican food to see that the taco pan is intended for gringos only. The fried tortilla shell thing is not done in Mexico.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    The fried tortilla shell thing is not done in Mexico.
    That's right!
    They deep fry rolled tacos though. Stoo-peed Green-gos!

Quote Originally Posted by kc7jty View Post
    That's right!
    They deep fry rolled tacos though. Stoo-peed Green-gos!
    True--they call them flautas (might not have the spelling right on that), literally flutes.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    True--they call them flautas (might not have the spelling right on that), literally flutes.
    Aren't flautas made with flour tortillas? Rolled tacos are always made w corn tortillas. Chimichangas are made with flour tortillas but I think are more like fried burritos.
    Ren...help us here.

PS I just googled flautas and see they are corn tortillas. Guess it's the region that calls them one or the other.
    I learned Mexican food in El Paso. Rice or lettuce in a burrito that must be eaten w a fork is total sacrilege.
    Chihuahua style burritos always can be eaten by hand, almost always have beens, and are very very good.
    A real Chihua burrito is completely encased until bitten into.
    Last edited by kc7jty; 01-28-2011 at 07:31 PM.

Mexico is a pretty large country, I wouldn't be at all surprised if there are regional variations . I've only seen flautas made with corn tortillas but that doesn't mean that flour tortillas aren't used other places--in California, the Mexican cuisine is mostly Baja-style.
    Last edited by NQ6U; 01-29-2011 at 12:39 AM.

Banned
    I love rolled tacos made right. Seem to remember telling myself flautas were on the chit list after having them at a couple different places but who knows with the crapola some Mexican restaurants serve.
    Can't stand Chimichangas and Canoli. Yeah, yeah, I know, Canoli are wonderful...just don't like em. Now Tiramisu...that's yummy anytime.

"Leave the gun, take the canoli." One of my favorite movie lines of all time. Canoli is okay but Tiramisu....

Well, the title of this thread, and Ren's bunny fetish, has caused a certain song
    to keep playing in my head... now it's your turn!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-t8PngHgWY

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman