Thread: Now this looks interesting...

Now this looks interesting...

Wouxun (Pronounced roughly as "o-sheeng") is getting ready to market a dual-band 2m-70cm mobile transceiver. If it's anything like the HT they started selling here this year, it could be worthy of consideration.

Linkie to more info here. WARNING: I've heard second hand that this site has been hacked and could host some spyware; I use a Mac so it wasn't an issue for me but you Windows users might want to be sure your malware protection is up to date and working correctly.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Underneath the Atomic Ooze of Hanford, WA
    Any clue as to how much?

I'd love to have a 2m/220 version if it was cheap enough.
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/nx6d/ham%20radio/SANY1260.jpg

i didn't run into any spyware there. not a lot in the way of details. have their handhelds been successful?
    "... and another thing about you democrats ... you all believe in science!" -- denny crane

I have the Wouxun dual band cheap as chips, and to my surprise better reception as the Icom Q7, and the Kenwood TH-F7E
    1700mA LiIon battery, lasting a long time, lots of audio for noisy surroundings, programmable with simple cheap ( Kenwood) cable, sturdy, doing all i want from it used professionally with our business fairs, getting a beating every time.
    Accessories cheap, th 1700 mA battery is here 20 Euros, a new battery pack for the Kenwood is 79 Euros...
    All Kenwood stuff works, microphone/speaker.
    Wouxun KG-UVD1 the later ones have even more options, th 2 type etc.

Already have a Alinco DR 605 in the van for the last 8 years, 75 watts on 2 and 50 on 70 cm.
    On our trips to France i just added the Yaesu FT 100 and mag mount for a 20 meter antenna, and used the transceiver stationairy while being on Holiday with the MFJ 993B tuner and some wire.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

What Cor said about the Wouxun HTs--they've gotten a good reputation. I don't have one myself but a number of my local ham buddies do and they all speak highly of them.

No price set on the dual-band mobile yet but if the HT is any example, it could easily be $100-200 less than something comparable from Yacomwood.
    Last edited by NQ6U; 01-05-2011 at 11:15 AM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Yacomwood.

hehe- I guess that's the hardware equivalent to AOR's JourneyOStyxWagon.

"Bacon, Beans and Limousines"
    "Actually, it's a Democratic Republic; Democratic comes first".
    Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is obviously me, But my attitude depends largely upon you.

Quote Originally Posted by ki4itv View Post

hehe- I guess that's the hardware equivalent to AOR's JourneyOStyxWagon.
    I like that! You have to say it out loud to really appreciate it, though.