Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: McDonald's

McDonald's

Well,I hate to admit it,but I've found something pretty decent at micky D's.
    Their grilled chicken Cesar salad is pretty good.
    Ummmm, no I'm not peeing in my gas tank :)

You can also get a pretty decent cup o' Joe at Mickey D's these days. Cheap, too.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

I think McDonalds's coffee is better than Starbucks and cheaper to boot. Some of the McDonalds I have been to are equipped with free WiFi; I stayed at a (horrendous) Red Roof in Rochester and they wanted to charge me daily for internet, but the McDonalds right next door had an open, free, broadband WiFi router. They encouraged customers to stay, have a breakfast and suck down their excellent coffee while working online. Same thing with one in VA at Wilderness.

Their Cobb salad is excellent and, compared with the other usual offerings, very low in fat.
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!

"We only become what we are by the radical and deep-seated refusal of that which others have made of us." --- Jean-Paul Sartre.

"Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past." --- George Orwell.

Ah, McD's. At least they are consistent. A Big Mac in Tokyo is just as bad as the one you buy here.
    When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence. — GARY LLOYD

The nation we live in is the nation we have built by design, each successive generation raising the wall of tyranny a little higher. - Chris Griffin

Orca Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    You can also get a pretty decent cup o' Joe at Mickey D's these days. Cheap, too.
    Yeah, it's not bad coffee. I actually don't mind stopping there for coffee over another place.

Quote Originally Posted by W3MIV View Post
    I think McDonalds's coffee is better than Starbucks and cheaper to boot. Some of the McDonalds I have been to are equipped with free WiFi; I stayed at a (horrendous) Red Roof in Rochester and they wanted to charge me daily for internet, but the McDonalds right next door had an open, free, broadband WiFi router. They encouraged customers to stay, have a breakfast and suck down their excellent coffee while working online. Same thing with one in VA at Wilderness.

Their Cobb salad is excellent and, compared with the other usual offerings, very low in fat.
    I've been switching to McDonald's more often for remote work just for that reason. Starbucks and other coffee houses seemed to want to rush customers out, once they started getting popular.
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    When my local McD started selling the new java I hit the jackpot. The staff was not aware of the new products yet. They were filling up the coffee cups with espresso, and selling it for $1.00. 4 shots for a dollar. That only lasted a month.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Quote Originally Posted by W5GA View Post
    Ah, McD's. At least they are consistent. A Big Mac in Tokyo is just as bad as the one you buy here.
    Haven't had the one in Tokyo but so far, every cheese burger at every Mickey Dees is indeed exactly the same. Can't eat the stuff though and I was never a big fan but the times I did, even the sesame seeds were in exactly the same place on the bun.

I don't know what's in their food but it makes me depressed and whatever it is there is a lot in it. More so than the average food at the store which I would use as a standard for background levels of whatever it is.

Quote Originally Posted by suddenseer View Post
    When my local McD started selling the new java I hit the jackpot. The staff was not aware of the new products yet. They were filling up the coffee cups with espresso, and selling it for $1.00. 4 shots for a dollar. That only lasted a month.
    Nah, they were just baiting the public and setting the hook!

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Nah, they were just baiting the public and setting the hook!
    It worked. If I get drive thru java, it's the golden arches. I can go years without tasting the food though.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Quote Originally Posted by W3MIV View Post

Starbucks sells coffee?

I know what they call that bitter sludge, but it's not coffee!
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati