Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: From the Icom booth, Dayton Hamvention 2010

From the Icom booth, Dayton Hamvention 2010

"Don't be blaming me for your own inadequacies..."

DSCN0556.jpg

...no excuses.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Is that the IC-R9500?
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Is that the IC-R9500?
    Yes, and what you don't see is 'DSG standing off in the background glowering at me and my juvenile pursuits... :rofl:
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

The Lulz is high on that piccie ;)
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    Yes, and what you don't see is 'DSG standing off in the background glowering at me and my juvenile pursuits... :rofl:
    Nice radio—5KHz to 3GHz coverage. I would subject myself to some glowering from the XYL for one.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Was DSG giving you the look because of the frequency you dialed in, or because you wanted to take one home?
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Hopefully you were'nt trying to work trade. I don't think that's what they mean by wife swapping.

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    Hopefully you were'nt trying to work trade. I don't think that's what they mean by wife swapping.
    I don't know... having met DSG, well, if he was dumb enough to try such a trade, those ICOM weenies might just have gone for it...
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    Was DSG giving you the look because of the frequency you dialed in, or because you wanted to take one home?
    Because of the frequency - she thinks the receiver is neat. I am eventually going to buy one, possibly two for my test bench.

What really made her roll her eyes is that I set everything which could be tuned to the 'Bowl...including stuff in the flea market. I musta got at least 50 of them and only got "caught" once...by the guy at the RigRunner booth. That actually turned out pretty well, as he gave me the low-down on their integratable battery charge controllers. I now have something else to $pend money on.

I'll bet you're a master of Wal Mart pranks!
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.