Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ah, the Roast Beast is being readied...

Ah, the Roast Beast is being readied...

I just set out a 6 1/2 pound Angus standing rib roast that will serve as tonight's roast beast. I always let a roast (or steaks, for that matter) warm up before cooking.

I have decanted the Pozzi Merlot so that it might breathe a good bit, and I am now relaxing prior to working the auld majick for the table. Fresh asparagus (one of the wonders of the aviation age), roasted with EVOO and Parmesan cheese, mashed potatoes and a scratch gravy from the roasting pan make up the main course, Asian pear and Gorgonzola, a fresh salad and an apple pie (with optional vanilla ice cream) round out the menu for today.

Sky Shit is falling as I type this. Bing Crosby was an asshole.
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!

"We only become what we are by the radical and deep-seated refusal of that which others have made of us." --- Jean-Paul Sartre.

"Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past." --- George Orwell.

Banned
    I'm not drinking any fcuking Merlot!

Quote Originally Posted by kc7jty View Post
    You need to broaden your horizons.
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!

"We only become what we are by the radical and deep-seated refusal of that which others have made of us." --- Jean-Paul Sartre.

"Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past." --- George Orwell.

Fillet of Dead Beast...one of my favorites! Can I come to your house?
    When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence. — GARY LLOYD

The nation we live in is the nation we have built by design, each successive generation raising the wall of tyranny a little higher. - Chris Griffin

Quote Originally Posted by W3MIV View Post
    I just set out a 6 1/2 pound Angus standing rib roast that will serve as tonight's roast beast. I always let a roast (or steaks, for that matter) warm up before cooking.

I have decanted the Pozzi Merlot so that it might breathe a good bit, and I am now relaxing prior to working the auld majick for the table. Fresh asparagus (one of the wonders of the aviation age), roasted with EVOO and Parmesan cheese, mashed potatoes and a scratch gravy from the roasting pan make up the main course, Asian pear and Gorgonzola, a fresh salad and an apple pie (with optional vanilla ice cream) round out the menu for today.
    I'm with you, except for the asparagus and the Merlot. I like my wine cold and not red.
    Last edited by KJ3N; 12-25-2010 at 02:52 PM.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by W3MIV View Post
    You need to broaden your horizons.
    I already have. No Merlot, especially from Italy. A full bodied Shiraz would blow that chit off the chart.

Some Merlot varieties are very good, but I prefer a dry Burgundy or Beaujolais. But that's moot today.

This evening I've got Alaskan King Crab, Salmon, and Tiger Prawns on the menu. YummY!

I'm actually on call, and working from home (double time pay) and won't be drinking anything but licorice tea with a bit of peppermint.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

I already have. No Merlot, especially from Italy. A full bodied Shiraz would blow that chit off the chart.
    I must disagree. The merlot is a fine, black grape and this Pozzi is a good match for a rare beef roast. It will stand up against most Syrahs I have tasted, and I currently have a few laid down.
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!

I recognize the quote but the character was specifically referring to California merlot, which kinda sucks. It's as if they blended it to be the least-offensive wine possible. Imported merlot, on the other hand, can be quite good.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post
    and won't be drinking anything but licorice tea with a bit of peppermint.
    EEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
    When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence. — GARY LLOYD

The nation we live in is the nation we have built by design, each successive generation raising the wall of tyranny a little higher. - Chris Griffin