Thread: Flea Power Solid State 75 Meter AM Kit

Flea Power Solid State 75 Meter AM Kit

This is an interesting little kit. Low power on 85 meter AM. Interesting for a "field day" type excursion. This will get you on the air from the wilderness with a battery and some wire in the trees. This is also the time of year to try it out, when the static crashes are low.

http://www.smallwonderlabs.com/Retro-75.htm
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Small Wonders Labs makes some interesting stuff. I've been interested in their little digital mode QRP transceivers for a while. PSK31 has to be second only to CW when it comes to getting through with minimal power.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post
    These days you can build up a class E transmitter for less than it would costs to build up a tube rig. Unless you have the parts already on hand you'll spend more time tracking down the iron, vaccum caps, etc. to build up a 4-400 or an 813 rig.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

The atomic flea should do you some justice, once upon a time I copied a prop beacon like test from Virginia. The operator lowered his AM power incrementally and I was amazed I could actually hear a quarter of a milliwatt, that's 250uW folks! What was even more amazing I was using a National NC-173 at the time.

Since you guys seem to like Class E QRO here's Timtron's contribution amid clutter as usual. (;->)
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.