Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who - the "new guy"

Doctor Who - the "new guy"

I haven't been following it after the first couple episodes, I love doctor Who but jesus that's like the twilight emo version of the doctor, I'll probably pick up the season on dvd and see if it's just my first impression or maybe like after Tenant everyone else just sucks.

Anyone else following it? amirite?
    I've accidentally swallowed some Scrabble tiles. My next crap could spell disaster.

Same with James Bond. No one could play him like Sean Connery, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by K7SGJ View Post
    Same with James Bond. No one could play him like Sean Connery, in my opinion.
    Can't really compare the 2. The Doctor is typically non violent, solves things cerebrally not explosively.

I did like the guy before, Christopher Eccleston.
    I've accidentally swallowed some Scrabble tiles. My next crap could spell disaster.

I'm current on all Who. Matt Smith had a good season. Tenent was good, but he wasn't my doctor. The first episode I ever watched happened to be the very first episode ever. PBS was running it as part of a day long Dr Who pledge drive when I was about 10. I was hooked. The 4th Dr, Tom Baker was the one that I got to see the most of back then, but the few episodes of the Pertwee and Troughton years that I got to watch were always my favorites. Eccleston was fantastic and I'd have like to see him go on for a few more years in the role. When Tenent was on the way out and the search was on for a new Dr, I was hoping it was going to be Jonas Armstrong as I really enjoyed his Robin Hood series.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

Quote Originally Posted by kf6rdn View Post
    I haven't been following it after the first couple episodes, I love doctor Who but jesus that's like the twilight emo version of the doctor, I'll probably pick up the season on dvd and see if it's just my first impression or maybe like after Tenant everyone else just sucks.

Anyone else following it? amirite?
    I don't think any actor filled the role of the good Doctor as good as William Hartnell and Tom Baker did...... but that was the old Dr. Who series ..... I started getting a little tired of the new Dr.Who series when Christopher Eccleston was replaced as the Doctor ....oh well :-|
    Why,driving into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour, would I expect it not to hurt! :roll:

Walk and Talk like a Canajun!!

SK Member (Late April, 2019) W4RLR's Avatar
    Not really a Dr. Who fan. Now Monty Python or Are You Being Served?...more my speed from the Primarily British Service.
    73 de Richard W4RLR
    Southern born,
    Southern bred, centrist conservative.
    Posting messages via HughesNet satellite internet.

Retired U.S. Air Force NCO
    Member, Sons of Confederate Veterans
    The Ancient Order of Turtles
    ARRL, SPAR, Six Meters Worldwide, Chattanooga ARC
    ARRL Accredited VE

The older Dr. Who shows seemed to have better plot and dialogue. For some reason the newer ones never "rode up with wear". ;)

Mr. Humphries, are you free?
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Since we've started wandering about...the 4th season of Primeval is starting up again on New Years Day. Another good series I'm looking forward to.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

Brit or US, I miss Network 23...

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post
    Brit or US, I miss Network 23...
    It's a shame that most people remember Max Headroom from the Coca-Cola spots, and from the Doonsebury parodies involving Reagan.

It's actually scary to think that we're heading right towards the world in which Max "lived" in.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati