Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ARRL 10M 2010

ARRL 10M 2010

Conditions are not favorable. I've worked a whopping 3 QSO's. One was the local Superstation, W0AIH. HI3TEJ on phone, and I forget who the 3rd was. Oh well, at least I'm not being kept from frequently clearing the snow. NWS has updated and now predicts up to 20 inches.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

I was just about to go out to the shack to check the 10m action. I'm guessing that, here in Six Land, there will be a bit of it than in Wiscowsin. You want to see if we can get a QSO going?
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

I'm hearing one station out of Portugal and several Spanish speaking stations out of SA. One Italian station barely audible and one powerhouse in Baja.

Very faint just now . I'll try again in an hour or so .
    I won't question your Creator's wisdom , but you are responsible for your own actions .

Russ, W5RB

Tiki Bearer
    24.5 hours...32 Q's

NOT EXACTLY a WHOPPING TOTAL.

Phone is almost non-existant...29 CW...3 Phone

There is always tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    I was just about to go out to the shack to check the 10m action. I'm guessing that, here in Six Land, there will be a bit of it than in Wiscowsin. You want to see if we can get a QSO going?
    Can't make a sked, I'm QRP and that means unassisted. I'd think you would be spoiled for choice with the addition of the Mexican States.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

Quote Originally Posted by KC9ECI View Post
    Can't make a sked, I'm QRP and that means unassisted. I'd think you would be spoiled for choice with the addition of the Mexican States.
    Actually, I'm not participating in the contest but I'd recently built a 10m wire dipole and was just curious to see if we could QSO at that distance. After going out in the shack and listening for a while, it became obvious that it wouldn't have worked. I heard a couple of stations out of northern CA and Oregon and that was it. Nothing at all out of Mexico. I think I'd need something with a little bit of gain over a dipole if I expect to work 10m DX under the current propagation conditions.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Actually, I'm not participating in the contest but I'd recently built a 10m wire dipole and was just curious to see if we could QSO at that distance. After going out in the shack and listening for a while, it became obvious that it wouldn't have worked. I heard a couple of stations out of northern CA and Oregon and that was it. Nothing at all out of Mexico. I think I'd need something with a little bit of gain over a dipole if I expect to work 10m DX under the current propagation conditions.
    It will take a leetle work to find the sweet spot, OCF folded dipole set up near vertical or as a sloper. Sweet spot is like 2/3 element on one side and 1/3 element on the other. Where it gives you the best performance could be 6 inches to the left or right of where you attach your window line to the folded dipole part. Feed it with a halfwave length of window line.
    Anyone have any other sugg est ions?

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Anyone have any other sugg est ions?
    Yeah. Wait for the solar flux to get above 95 before you bother with 10m.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

SSB max distance was 1000 miles here with an Imax 2000/OCF at 45 feet.

Oh well.

We need sunspots, fast...
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution