Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pickled herring

Pickled herring

Anybody here besides me that likes it? Always a holiday treat at my house. How about Kimchee?
    When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence. — GARY LLOYD

The nation we live in is the nation we have built by design, each successive generation raising the wall of tyranny a little higher. - Chris Griffin

Absolutely! Love the stuff.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Never had pickled herring but I love kimchee. There's a Korean restaurant here in town that makes their own and it's great.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Never had pickled herring but I love kimchee. There's a Korean restaurant here in town that makes their own and it's great.
    I too love kimchee. I also like hot. Had some kimchee in Korea once upon a time that nearly put chemical blisters in my mouth...more than I could take.
    When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence. — GARY LLOYD

The nation we live in is the nation we have built by design, each successive generation raising the wall of tyranny a little higher. - Chris Griffin

Pickled herring is downright awesome! Love the stuff since I was a kid.

Kimchee is great too. I also had the chance to try some home made hot stuff that nearly burned me a new bunghole.
    "The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it." - George Orwell

Never seen pickled herring around here, BUT I can get smoked kippers at the "Dollar Store", grab a pack of crackers......
    Honorary Old Fart
    Dirty Old Mans club Junior Auxillary
    (Dirty Old Man in waiting)
    Get off My Lawn.
    ===========================
    4 out of 5 Seniors Prefer the taste
    of Alpo over other leading National Brands

Forum Addict
    Pickled everything. Beets are my fav. Greenbeans and herring too. My brother makes pickled pike that puts store bought pickled herring to shame

Quote Originally Posted by N9FE View Post
    Pickled everything. Beets are my fav. Greenbeans and herring too. My brother makes pickled pike that puts store bought pickled herring to shame
    Another of my favs is the jars with the pickled carrots, onions and whatnot, especially the hot ones. Never had pickled pike, but I bet it's yummy!
    Last edited by W5GA; 12-09-2010 at 10:44 PM.

Pickled carrots with jalapeño peppers!
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Pickled carrots with jalapeño peppers!