Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Legit or No?

Legit or No?

http://www.workathomenoscams.com/recommendations/

I have looked at many work at home deals and all of them turned out to be scams. Anyone know about this outfit?

Claims such as this:

"How To Earn US $5000+ Per Month From Your Blog, ‘Working’ As Little As 2 Hours Per Day"
    make me doubt the legitimacy of the operation.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

There was another one where they claimed that you would work for Google from home and make 2000-5000 bucks from home. All you had to do was drop links in different places. Being skeptical, I waited it out and when the truth came out, it was also a scam. All it took was a small investment of $4 to purchase the software to do the job. AOL News did the original story (AP?) but you know, regardless of the glowing reports and yad yada ____, it still, smelled.

Banned
    I clicked the link and it crashed my browser. My browser NEVER crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by N2KKM View Post
    I clicked the link and it crashed my browser. My browser NEVER crashes.
    No probobaloms here. You mean the link I provided?
    I need to do something. I cannot seem to get hired on anywhere locally. I've jumped through all the hoops. Oh yeah, arrest record. I might steal something.

It has the thumbs up on the page. It's gotta be good.

Stay away Charles
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

Anything that offers success from home is usually a scam. Especially if they make it sound like it's gonna make big bucks fast.

it is possible to make money from home but it is not easy. Usually it involves having a good marketable skill, preferably something that companies need but is not readily available, Then it takes a lot of hard work, planning, connections etc. For example, why should a company hire or trust you to work from home and, why hire you from home and not make you come in , and why hire you instead of someone else ?

The only "work from home" sites I MIGHT trust are the ones that admit... it's not going to be easy and you are going to do a lot of work and not see much, if any, of a return for a good while and, even then it might not be what you were hoping for. Thus far I have not seen any that admit the truth.

Working at home = starting your own business. takes time, effort, and a lot of patience and hard work.

If you want to work at home it might be a good idea to contact a local chapter of your Small Business Assoociation or similar organization.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    No probobaloms here. You mean the link I provided?
    I need to do something. I cannot seem to get hired on anywhere locally. I've jumped through all the hoops. Oh yeah, arrest record. I might steal something.
    Hello.

Do NOT steal something! you are NOT a Politician! you will NOT get away with it! ;)

Only person I ever met who's made money on a legit "work at home" gig that doesn't involve whoring your friends is the wife of my ex-boss. She does medical transcriptions for doctors. Transcribes their voice recordings into Word (?) files. She's got some special piece of equipment that hooks up to a phone line and allows you to receive the recordings and control the playback with your feet while you type.

I seem to remember that it pays something like 10 cents per word and she makes a little under $30K a year doing this full-time (no bennies, and she has a boss). My ex-boss buddy helped her with this during the 16 months he was out of work recently. Not a horrible gig (better than WalMart), but I think it'd get pretty boring. He once told me that it goes pretty fast until you run into some of the medical jargon that requires specialized dictionaries to get the spelling right.

Try attacking a niche market. A friend of mine makes money building battery chargers for RC aircraft batteries. he started off with one or two customers. before he knew he had more orders than he could keep up with. Another guy who has experience with vacuum molding builds custom canopies and bodies for RC helicopters. over the past couple weeks he got a dozen orders. In all honesty sometimes business gets slow. But it picks up at this time of year because during the winter hobbyists like to spend more time working on their stuff indoors and getting it ready for spring. It isn;t enough to live on but it does help to pay some of his bills.

If you can think of a niche market, i.e ham radio, stamp collecting, etc. and any kind of product or service you can provide I'm not saying that this is necessarily for you but, it is a possible direction to look into.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.