Thread: Skywarn Recognition Day

Skywarn Recognition Day

I would have been up at the NWS office in La Crosse as WX9ARX this weekend but the guy in charge up there canceled due to the winter storm warning overnight. So, I'm just hanging out in the shack chasing the other NWS stations on the air. I just worked WX5FWD on 20M and when I finished up with him I could hear everyone's favorite undertaker calling.

Anyone else playing?
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

I'll have to see if I can snag 'em on 40 or 75 this evening.

Did hear a special-event station from FL on 20 this afternoon but was neck-deep in projects and didn't get to work them.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

There were some battleships on the air today too for Pearl Harbor day. I worked the USS Wisconsin. I heard another one from TX I think but something on the DX cluster distracted me and I didn't recall what freq they were one when I came back to the band. Next weekend I plan to hang out in the shack and work the 10M contest. I'm always handicapped for that one as the company Christmas party is the night before. We've run up some fairly incredible bar tabs for being a small shop.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.