Thread: Sunspot!

Sunspot!

"The biggest sunspot of the current cycle" has just rounded the sun's horizon. Maybe--just maybe we'll get some decent HF propagation at last!

http://www.solarcycle24.com/
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

It was pretty solid condx for the test last weekend, but its kind of light right now at 1400z.
    The louder the monkey, the smaller its balls.

I am not expecting much from this cycle, based on NATURAL CYCLES...

Had to say it...

Solar cycle 24 may look like solar cycle 5..

http://www.solen.info/solar/cycl5.html

http://wattsupwiththat.com/2010/02/0...cle-24-update/

Just after dark the cndx went through the floor, just abit activety on 160, 80 and up no reflection, so pretty dead.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Quote Originally Posted by PA5COR View Post
    Just after dark the cndx went through the floor, just abit activety on 160, 80 and up no reflection, so pretty dead.
    Yeah, I had some visitors to my shack last night and even the normally busy 40m digital frequencies were dead. Managed to work a QSO with a operator in the Dominican Republic but his was the only trace I even saw.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

http://digisonde.oma.be/cgi-bin/latest.exe?

Just 160 and some 80 meter activety now, snowing like h*ll and 50 mile per hour wind now... figures;)
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Last night and early this morning was pretty quiet. I logged Croatia on 20 in the early morning hours, then found V31BD all alone on 12 before i went to bed this morning but that was about it.

(Yes, i stay up all night with the rig on)

(Yes, i stay up all night with the rig on)

Good, then i'm not alone in that ;)

When i get from bed the coffee machine and transceiver come on.
    Going to bed then the transceiver goes off.

Ah yes, coffee and DXing. I had an absolutely stellar 2010 so far...9 alltime new ones (all 9 in the last couple of months), well over 50 new band countries, a handful of new band zones, band states and islands. Its been great! DX is all i do, i will be upgrading the rig soon, this one is nearly 30 years old and its a workhorse, the key is much older. I am looking at a 450AT or a K3...especially a K3, but $4000 loaded, the 450 looks better, plus ill get 6 meters and an auto tuner for about $600 starting. No matter what, this old rig has served me well through many pileups and contests. And theres still december to go!