Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the Cheapest Beer in America?

What's the Cheapest Beer in America?

Honestly, I'm asking. I don't know. I don't even know if it would be worth drinking. But there has to be one that is the cheapest beer in the country. Might taste like monkey pee, but if it's beer it qualifies.

I've heard Pabst Blue Ribbon, Keystone, Steel Reserve, Milwaukee's Best and Pig's Eye.

I'm open to suggestions. Drinking, OTOH, maybe. Or not. :chin:
    “The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words."
    --Philip K. Dick

Check out this site:

http://www.tinsel.org/beer/

It might have the info you're looking for.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Orca Whisperer
    Gennessee Beer. You can get a case of cans for about $4. I've yet to find a cheaper swill. The cream ale isn't horrid, however.
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

Quote Originally Posted by KC2UGV View Post
    Gennessee Beer. You can get a case of cans for about $4. I've yet to find a cheaper swill. The cream ale isn't horrid, however.
    the genny is sold as a premium beer here in ga. about 6 bucks a six pack

a yankee living in the hind end of the bible belt
    some people are like slinkys, not really good for anything, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Orca Whisperer
    Quote Originally Posted by kb2crk View Post
    Wow. Premium? Seriously?

Must be because it's "imported" from the Yankees
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

Quote Originally Posted by kb2crk View Post
    Damn! I can get Sierra Nevada--the Anheiser-Busch of craft brewers--Pale Ale for that price.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

That is not as easy to determine as one might think. A few years ago the tax structre in SC was changed to reflect a tax based on alcohol content, about the time they lifted the ban on beer over 4%. Before that there was an argument going on because the state wanted to tax beer and wine by the container. 65 cents tax per container. On a 6-pack that would come out to $3.90 but a large bottle of wine would still be 65 cents.

It was argued that this tax was targeting poor people, who normally would drink beer vs the type of people who would purchase champagne. They even ran TV ads showing the triumphant, well to do, celebrating the new tax over glasses of champagne.

Another aspect of the tax based on percentage of alcohol was how this affected the cost of distilled spirits. My favorite Glenmorgie 18 y/o single malt has progressively been climbing in cost over the last 15 years. Once a $50 a bottle delicacy it is now approaching the $100 mark. $94 - $96 last time I checked. For you cheap vodka fans, a $6 fifth can not be had for any cheaper than $14 ..................... ...---...

Banned
    Beer is like crack cocaine. It SHOULD carry a higher punishment!
    ...and you thought prohibition was repealed. Just another indicator of Nanny's dick in your arse.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Damn! I can get Sierra Nevada--the Anheiser-Busch of craft brewers--Pale Ale for that price.
    Picked up a 12pk of Celebration yesterday for $11.99

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman