Thread: 15 was SMOKIN' yesterday!

Underneath the Atomic Ooze of Hanford, WA

15 was SMOKIN' yesterday!

Worked a bunch of JA's with my crappy wire antenna and puny 90 watts yesterday afternoon on 15. "Mr. Dave-san, you sound like using yagi antenna". That's always cool.

Also got a true 5/9 plus report from Guatemala busting a fairly large pileup on only 2 calls.

The beam is FINALLY going up this month. I can't wait!

This kind of thing is why I got into ham radio in the first place.
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/nx6d/ham%20radio/SANY1260.jpg

I know what you mean Dave.
    Until I put my beam up,I had never used one.I was shocked at how much more I could hear,
    And how much better I could be heard.
    I can't wait until 10 is open on a fairly regular basis.
    Ummmm, no I'm not peeing in my gas tank :)

I'm really getting the itch to get active again.. sounds like now might be a good time. I need to secure up the antenna mount on my car (I'm mobile only at the moment).. maybe that'll be a good weekend project. It's fine if I'm stationary, but everything goes haywire when actually driving.

It'll be a couple years before I can get a tower/beam combo in place. Until then, wires and verticals.

My E-W 20M antenna (G5RV) is going up another 30 or so feet as soon as the rest of the leaves are off the easternmost oak tree which supports the thing...and I can launch a leader line into the top branches.

Have to make do with an A-D 80-40/15M inverted vee (w/ 20M add-on) for the N-S stuff.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

10 and 15 are both going great guns at the moment. Just put Mexico in the log on 10; Ireland and Italy in on 15.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."