Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AVG 2011

Banned

AVG 2011

This free AV kicks ass. It's regularly blocking threats, and always finds tracking cookies when I scan. Malwarebytes & Spybot never find anything any more (I always run AVG first). Good stuff.

It also sucks up about a third of your CPU cycles.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Banned
    It has a user sensitive feature. When it's running I can't even tell.

I have both, and have not found anything in a long time. I got that Ghostery add on for the browser. It supposedly blocks tracking cookies. I guess it works, I never seen the little ghost icon dance, or change color.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Quote Originally Posted by kc7jty View Post
    Malwarebytes & Spybot never find anything any more (I always run AVG first). Good stuff.
    You don't have a laptop like the one that was dumped in my lap today.

Spybot is still running the scan I started around noon, and it's still not finished. The tally so far? Twenty-one trojans and 353 other "issues" that need to be eliminated. I'm not even 1/2 way through the scan.

Malwarebytes is next on the list to be run.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Download and install VMware, install the operating system, install AVG and other sw, and save on USB disk.

Install and run internet browsers from the VM window.

IF an invasion was detected, simply delete the folder, and reload from USB disk.

Your system is safe.

Quote Originally Posted by N1LAF View Post
    Download and install VMware, install the operating system, install AVG and other sw, and save on USB disk.

Install and run internet browsers from the VM window.

IF an invasion was detected, simply delete the folder, and reload from USB disk.

Your system is safe.
    And the average Joe Sixpack is going to completely understand all of that and actually follow that advice.

What fscking planet do you live on?
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N View Post
    And the average Joe Sixpack is going to completely understand all of that and actually follow that advice.

What fscking planet do you live on?
    Obviously a much more complex one that you are used to....
    I know better not to underestimate those like Luke - smart guy really..
    If you need help, just ask....

Quote Originally Posted by N1LAF View Post
    Obviously a much more complex one that you are used to....
    I know better not to underestimate those like Luke - smart guy really..
    If you need help, just ask....
    It's not my laptop, genius. :roll:

How about you pay attention for a change?

Nice :troll:

Still

Latest ClubLog entries.