Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Im sorry mario the princess is in another castle - the state of US broadband

Im sorry mario the princess is in another castle - the state of US broadband

So. i got talking with someone today about internet speeds and how when it comes to the internet and the USA. well we just f'n suck.

http://www.dailybloggr.com/2010/05/c...-in-the-world/

Are we even in the top 10? nope.

top 20? not at all

were 28th down, and 30th up.

I guess one would expect the USA with all its "might" would be one of the top dogs. but looking at that list, id have to say were pretty pathetic.

now lets look at cost.

Comcrap eh i mean comcast what would you get for $30USD Speeds up to 15 Mbps! so they say.. more like creep along at maybe 2 or 3Mbps .... now lets look at another goodie i found. In Japan for around $20USD 160Mbps!!!!!!!!!

HOLY SHIT! 20 bucks for 160meg! yet it costs us 10 dollars more for the crappy 2 to 3 mbs

why are we so far behind? why dose our Internet access suck so much ass?

Oh yea, I forgot we have the Monopoly! yes we have the comcrap with the crappy service they give which will enjoy sucking all that cash right from you and give you shitty service.

What we really need is Multiple Broadband providers in every market. forcing competition. Had we of had this. I bet we would be sitting with 1GB/s connections for $20 a month.

Wouldn't all the competition be the real capitalistic way?

doubt we in America will ever see that. I guess that 3MB/s aint bad for a 3rd world nation.........
    I AM THE VOICE OF THE VOICELESS!

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Burn your daft card!
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Comcast Denver: STILL faster than Korea.

Suck on that, bitches.

Oh yeah, and I have the upload throttled for QoS reasons. It's actually 5mbps.

DOCSIS 3.0 FTW.

Sorry 'IBC, I modified your thread title to be a little more specific, hope you don't mind. This is a very important subject, as far as I'm concerned. Both the state of our infrastructure & net neutrality, among other issues.

Attachment 3527

Don't know why the upload is so slow this morning, because it normally runs around five.
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!

"We only become what we are by the radical and deep-seated refusal of that which others have made of us." --- Jean-Paul Sartre.

"Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past." --- George Orwell.

251mbps?

That's got to be some sort of burst-able "hey look at how fast we are (on our local network)" non-sense. What's the results if you pick a server half way across the country? The server I was using was in Tampa and that result was to Denver..

Just curious.

Banned
    I got 29 down and 19 up this morning on Verizon FioS here at work.

Better than the Ukraine but not as good as Portugal. Latency still sucks, but I'm on Wi-Fi and that probably doesn't help.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by W4GPL View Post
    251mbps?

That's got to be some sort of burst-able "hey look at how fast we are (on our local network)" non-sense. What's the results if you pick a server half way across the country? The server I was using was in Tampa and that result was to Denver..

Just curious.
    It's Verizon FiOS. How about a test using Independence, MO, as the source?

Attachment 3528

That make you feel better? Still low on the upload.
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!

"We only become what we are by the radical and deep-seated refusal of that which others have made of us." --- Jean-Paul Sartre.

"Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past." --- George Orwell.