Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kind hearted hunter

Talking Kind hearted hunter

A hunter and his friend were sitting in a tall tower stand near Highway 7 early one cold December morning.

Suddenly, a huge buck walked out over the corn they had spread in the low shrubs. The buck was magnificent, a once in a lifetime animal. His rack was huge.

The hunter's hand shook as his mind was already counting the Boone and Crockett points. Moving quickly, the hunter carefully aimed the Leopold scope on his .300 Win Mag at the unsuspecting buck.

As he was about to squeeze the trigger on this deer of a lifetime, his friend alerted him to a funeral procession passing slowly down Highway 7. The hunter pulled away from the gun stock, set the rifle down, took off his hat, bowed his head and then closed his eyes in prayer.

His friend was stunned, "Wow, that is the most thoughtful and touching thing I have ever seen you do. You actually let that trophy deer go to pay respects to a passing funeral procession. You are indeed the kindest man I have ever known, and I feel lucky to call you a friend."

The hunter shrugged. "Yeah, well, we were married for 37 years."

Banned
    300 Winnie mag for a deer!!??

Quote Originally Posted by kc7jty View Post
    Heh. Yeah. Reminds me of working at a gun store. If you're an all-American he-man and a hunting god, only a magnum will do.

Banned
    The damned thing would turn to hamburger at less than 125 yards.

The damned thing would turn to hamburger at less than 125 yards.
    Most of the after-season complaints I heard were people missing their targets... and that it was my fault.

The last line was what I focused on, I should have checked with the experts and found out the original story had the wrong gun!!! Should get the hell off here and quit wasting bandwidth?????

You can't be too careful when it comes to your choice of caliber--wouldn't want to wound a whitetail and have it go rogue on you.

I always used a .460 Weatherby Magnum myself.
    Last edited by NQ6U; 11-05-2010 at 09:04 PM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

I got a giggle out of it . I may even forward it , or tell it over coffee with the club tomorrow . For the record , no , there's nothin' wrong with .300 Win Mag for deer , especially at longer distances , like might be encountered from "a tall tower stand " . Keep 'em comin' .
    I won't question your Creator's wisdom , but you are responsible for your own actions .

Russ, W5RB

Quote Originally Posted by W5RB View Post
    ...there's nothin' wrong with .300 Win Mag for deer , especially at longer distances , like might be encountered from "a tall tower stand " . Keep 'em comin' .
    Georgia bean field hunters favor that caliber along with the 25-06 and 243.

Have a buddy who has taken mulies and elk with his 300 W-M at distances exceeding 400yds.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Banned
    I knew a guy in PA that hunted whitetail with a .243. He shot the lower jaw off one while it was running and had to track it 2 miles before it finally bled to death.