Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dinner Time

Dinner Time

What time do you eat dinner. Most times I eat dinner at 2:00-3:00am. Earliest I eat dinner is between 11:00 and 12:00 pm.

My late/early dinner hours stem from two things. First, my parents adopted the European style of eating. You eat dinner very late. Second, being a resident of the city that never sleeps I am used to being able to step into a resturant for dinner at the wee hours. I am certainly no country boy. I am a euro city boy.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

It depends on what time of year. In the summer, for instance, it's best to forage for roots and grubs early in the day.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Banned
    I always skip lunch and have the full meal at 3:30 PM. When one considers the food quality here anything having to do with Euro is laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    What time do you eat dinner. Most times I eat dinner at 2:00-3:00am. Earliest I eat dinner is between 11:00 and 12:00 pm.

My late/early dinner hours stem from two things. First, my parents adopted the European style of eating. You eat dinner very late. Second, being a resident of the city that never sleeps I am used to being able to step into a resturant for dinner at the wee hours. I am certainly no country boy. I am a euro city boy.
    Both 2 and 3 AM fall during the period between 11 PM and 12 PM . If that's not confusing you , some people around here say "dinner" to mean lunch , while others interpret it to be the same as supper.
    I won't question your Creator's wisdom , but you are responsible for your own actions .

Russ, W5RB

Undisclosed solar powered burrow in Southern Maryland
    2~3am? As in like 0200 to 0300? Or do you mean GMT and convert back to EST.

I eat about 7ish. I dont get home most nights till 6:15pm (and I leave work at 4:30pm) so 7 is about right. Wife gets home at uhh...bout 5ish.
    Yeah...I'm a furry...Deal with it!

Quote Originally Posted by w3bny View Post
    I eat about 7ish. I dont get home most nights till 6:15pm (and I leave work at 4:30pm) so 7 is about right. Wife gets home at uhh...bout 5ish.
    Is that because you have to go over the un-Nice bridge over the P?
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!

"We only become what we are by the radical and deep-seated refusal of that which others have made of us." --- Jean-Paul Sartre.

"Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past." --- George Orwell.

Undisclosed solar powered burrow in Southern Maryland
    Quote Originally Posted by W3MIV View Post
    Is that because you have to go over the un-Nice bridge over the P?
    Nooooo...I go thru the innie-outie to Pensultuky ave to Southern marylands. Somedays could be 1.5 hours...somedays 4.5 hours. But it averages to be about 2 hours. And heaven forbid I have to do stuff up at Ahbrodynie
    Last edited by w3bny; 11-02-2010 at 12:25 PM.
    Yeah...I'm a furry...Deal with it!

Quote Originally Posted by w3bny View Post
    Nooooo...I go thru the innie-outie to Pensultuky ave to Southern marylands. Somedays could be 1.5 hours...somedays 4.5 hours. But it averages to be about 2 hours. And heaven forbid I have to do stuff up at Ahbrodynie
    Oh, I was thinking (or not, as the case turns out) that you worked at ... at that place on the other side of the P that I may not be permitted to mention on the internoose. :quiet:
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!

"We only become what we are by the radical and deep-seated refusal of that which others have made of us." --- Jean-Paul Sartre.

"Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past." --- George Orwell.

Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post

Not to mention The Continental One! You should adopt a Chinese name. Perhaps like this:
    Today, I celebrate my Chinese name. My Chinese name, his sincere emblem Beijing he is the river bank name. zhi causes the wisdom. Xu Weiyou energetic intelligence. Therefore, regarding China, I, because he is called the thick emblem

My Chinese name:

大肛門人

(Note: might not display properly under Windows, don't know about Linux)
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.