Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: radios....

radios....

So anyway im building a new site on localhost. it will be somewhat ham radio related i guess. one thing i decided to do was add radio user manuals, service manuals, schematics, ect ,ect...

never really noticed untill now, but god there is alot of f'n radios that were made.

so far in the manuals downloads i have 261 total... and im not out of the A's yet... i could see that category put the 3,000 to 5,000 limit easy. once i make my way to the Icom,Kenwood, and Yaesu it should be real real fun.
    I AM THE VOICE OF THE VOICELESS!

Just be wary of copyrights.

For example, some yo-yo bought the rights to the Heathkit manuals, and now threatens to sue anybody who posts a scan of a manual online that he gets wind of.

Don't get your a$$et$ sued off.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

There's a whole lot of Heath stuff on line free for the download so if his lawyer is on the ball they both stand to get awfully rich. Get it while you can before it becomes another RIAA style crusade.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

Quote Originally Posted by kb2vxa View Post
    There's a whole lot of Heath stuff on line free for the download so if his lawyer is on the ball they both stand to get awfully rich. Get it while you can before it becomes another RIAA style crusade.
    yea. to bad the piss poor RIAA is just making themselves look like a major asses, which i guess is good as it dose push the P2P community into developing newer P2P technology like Anon P2P (which you will prob see soon with what happened to limewire)

Dude who got the heathkit name sounds like one of them assholes who buys a domain name and just squats it, but dont dare grab the .net or .org or he gonna sue you.
    I AM THE VOICE OF THE VOICELESS!

Hey, lookit, scumbag lawyers gotta live too, y'know?
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!

"We only become what we are by the radical and deep-seated refusal of that which others have made of us." --- Jean-Paul Sartre.

"Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past." --- George Orwell.

Quote Originally Posted by W3MIV View Post
    Hey, lookit, scumbag lawyers gotta live too, y'know?
    I beg to differ...
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by W2IBC View Post
    yea. to bad the piss poor RIAA is just making themselves look like a major asses, which i guess is good as it dose push the P2P community into developing newer P2P technology like Anon P2P (which you will prob see soon with what happened to limewire)

Dude who got the heathkit name sounds like one of them assholes who buys a domain name and just squats it, but dont dare grab the .net or .org or he gonna sue you.
    Sadly there is a lot of scum out there that will stoop to any level to get money. Nothing new. One time is was land rights, cattle rights, water rights, etc. These days it's copy-rights, patent-rights, and always some guys or gals willing to assume "rights" and then get some dirt bags to defend those..."rights".

Remember when SCO was gonna sue the pants off Linux users. ? Till the developers said, "take your code and shove it".
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Banned
    Hello.

The trouble is that Microsoft sold SCO "exclusive" rights to the Unix that they bought a part license from AT&T.
    AT&T was required to divest themselves from some functions.
    Microsoft sold the rights with the understanding that they would not reenter the Unix market.

Quote Originally Posted by KA5PIU View Post
    Hello.

The trouble is that Microsoft sold SCO "exclusive" rights to the Unix that they bought a part license from AT&T.
    AT&T was required to divest themselves from some functions.
    Microsoft sold the rights with the understanding that they would not reenter the Unix market.
    Microsoft didn't sell anyone anything.

They bought "Linux licenses" from SCO.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by N8YX View Post
    Microsoft didn't sell anyone anything.

They bought "Linux licenses" from SCO.
    Hello.

Totally incorrect.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xenix
    http://www.zdnet.com/news/fact-and-f...ionship/139743
    In fact it was in part on the basis of the contract between SCO and microsoft that the federal antitrust suit was filed.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Microsoft
    Finally the federal court had ruled that AT&T gave up rights to Unix and put it in the public domain but allowed that upgrades to some versions to be valid copyright material.