Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My Buddy's street rod

My Buddy's street rod

1937 Chevy 2 DR coupe. Mustang II front end, rack and pinion P/S, P/B, A/C, 350 Chevy V-8, T-350 automatic trans, 10 bolt Chevy rear.
    37 f.jpg37 b.jpg37 c.jpg37 d.jpg37 e.jpg

That's a beaut, George. But a Mustang II???

Quote Originally Posted by kf0rt View Post
    That's a beaut, George. But a Mustang II???
    Mustang II rack and pinion steering gears are popular with street rodders. Cheap and easy to find.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Really... for the steering? Not doubting you, but I used to have a '75 Mustang II and got rid of it because the R&P steering was about shot. It had about 70K miles on it and that wasn't it's first major problem. That car was a POS from bumper to bumper from what I could tell.

Quote Originally Posted by kf0rt View Post
    Really... for the steering? Not doubting you, but I used to have a '75 Mustang II and got rid of it because the R&P steering was about shot. It had about 70K miles on it and that wasn't it's first major problem. That car was a POS from bumper to bumper from what I could tell.
    Hey, I'm not saying I think it's a good idea or that I'd use one myself, just that they're popular. Most street rods are about the drive train and the body; the suspension is an afterthought.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Hey, I'm not saying I think it's a good idea or that I'd use one myself, just that they're popular. Most street rods are about the drive train and the body; the suspension is an afterthought.
    Upper and lower control arms with coil springs and R&P steering, is hell of a lot better than the stock straight axle with king pins and manual steering. You would be surprised how nice this thing drives/rides.

Great pix, Geo. TU. Guy up the street had one just like that when I was a kid, 'cept it was black, of course. You could fit two or three sofas in that trunk, long as they weren't too tall. If memory serves, Chevy called that model a "business coupe" and carried the short-cabin, long-trunk style into the early fifties.
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!

"We only become what we are by the radical and deep-seated refusal of that which others have made of us." --- Jean-Paul Sartre.

"Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past." --- George Orwell.

Banned
    Very nice George. Silky looking.
    If I had a street rod it'd be a 67,8,or 9 Camaro w a 454.

Quote Originally Posted by kc7jty View Post
    Very nice George. Silky looking.
    If I had a street rod it'd be a 67,8,or 9 Camaro w a 454.
    Mack just sold his Camaro not too long ago, And it had a big block in it.