Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Quitting The Coffee

Quitting The Coffee

Well, I have to say, I wonder what life will be like without it. Stuff keeps me awake 17 hours after drinking it. Two cups and I guess my CNS (central nervous system) is over reacting.

Guess I'm going to waste a lot of daylight today. I haven't been to sleep yet. I have to get some sleep. I'm not one of those who functions without sleep. Not anymore anyway. In high school it was not unusual to stay awake a couple of days and nights and think nothing of it. All the years working second and third shift is not helping I'm sure.

Down to 8 smokes a day though. Bet I could cut that down to 3 without coffee.

I feel your pain. I have some friends who suffer the caffeine blues. Can't walk into a room where there is a coffee pot without losing a few hours sleep. I am the opposite. For years I would have a last cup of coffee before turning in for the night; I no longer drink the stuff all day long, which I did when I was working and there was a big ol' Corey coffee maker through which a Missouri of water was turned into java daily.

Now I am strictly a morning coffee drinker. Got a cup in hand right now as I type this drivel. Sixteen ounce. I brew twelve cups in an auto (set it up the night before) and I make it strong. I was raised on the stuff. As a kid I was always amazed at how lots of parents forbade coffee as though it were cocaine or something. Addiction? Possibly.
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!

"We only become what we are by the radical and deep-seated refusal of that which others have made of us." --- Jean-Paul Sartre.

"Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past." --- George Orwell.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Well, I have to say, I wonder what life will be like without it. Stuff keeps me awake 17 hours after drinking it. Two cups and I guess my CNS (central nervous system) is over reacting.

Guess I'm going to waste a lot of daylight today. I haven't been to sleep yet. I have to get some sleep. I'm not one of those who functions without sleep. Not anymore anyway. In high school it was not unusual to stay awake a couple of days and nights and think nothing of it. All the years working second and third shift is not helping I'm sure.

Down to 8 smokes a day though. Bet I could cut that down to 3 without coffee.
    OMG! Life without coffee? :shock:

I guess it affects everyone differently. Until I 'discovered' coffee, I never could get out of bed on time. Nowadays, I wake up at around 4:00 am every day without an alarm clock. I drink pretty much a full pot of coffee by the time I step on the jobsite. It never keeps me awake at night, and I'm never jittery from the caffeine, but I do have a slight coffee 'crash' around 11:00.

Sleep isn't a problem for me, either. It's all I can do to stay up later than 9:00 or 9:30 at night ...

MUST...........HAVE........COFFEE!!!!!!
    Encrypt everything. Even if you have nothing to hide. It increases the noise floor.

Quote Originally Posted by W7XF View Post
    No chit! I'm like an addict when I wake up!

There is one additional benefit to coffee ... it has the amazing ability to "get things going" in the morning. There are few things in life better than being "regular"!

I guess I'll need to load up on fiber before bed since there won't be that morning, um, rush after the caffeine hits.

Nothing but decaf here, although I don't do the grocery store can. All our coffee comes from coffeebeandirect.com, they sell really good stuff. The family knows to not even talk to me until I have a cup in hand.
    When the government's boot is on your throat, whether it is a left boot or a right boot is of no consequence. — GARY LLOYD

The nation we live in is the nation we have built by design, each successive generation raising the wall of tyranny a little higher. - Chris Griffin

Banned
    Herbal tea here, when I drink caffeine. I rarely drink coffee. Good for you for lettin' go of it Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by W7XF View Post
    Whoa to anyone who gets between me & my morning coffee. I am an addict. I will have a severe headache after being up 6 hours without it.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

One cuppa instant on weekday mornings...20oz mug size, when I get to the office. Then I switch to tea for the remainder.

Might have another mug full with dinner.

Currently on my second mug of the weekend day. I'll switch to tea after this and probably not drink any more coffee until tomorrow morning.

Have gotten to the point that I absolutely cannot stand our cafeteria's brewed coffee. Headache central every time I consume the stuff.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."