Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For all my fellow truck drivers out there

For all my fellow truck drivers out there

Amateurs and trucks: a bad combination!

Last edited by NQ6U; 10-30-2010 at 04:32 PM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Used to have one of those close to where I live. Is a railroad bridge. The state finally replaced it last year after 50 years of crunches. The county traffic coordinator told me the tracks were 8 inches north of where they were originally. I hope those folks opted for the extra rental insurance.

cul de n8tb
    "Sadly, it always takes a few martyrs to get the ball rolling." Colonel Tim Boldman 2001
    "There are no differences but differences of degree between different degrees of difference and no difference."--William James
    "Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings." Victor J. Stenger

Banned
    Call that bridge the shaver, of course it's all the railroad's fault which was probably there since 1870.

We have one here that is 10 ft. 10in. warning signs out the wazoo, NOT on a truck route.. BUT, it gets bruised quite regularly. People just have their mind on something besides their driving I guess.

Some semis have been jammed so bad they had to be cut apart to remove them...
    Last edited by WA4TM; 10-30-2010 at 05:06 PM.

Amateurs, meaning amateur truck drivers. Professionals are known as truckers, truckies in Australia know their height and watch the signs. Yeah, blame it on the railroad! Sure, the bridge is mounted on hydraulic jacks activated by sensors specifically designed to attack trucks and eats AC units atop RVs. There's a lesson to be learned here, sacrifice your AC to the bridge before passing. It needs to be fed, a hungry bridge is an angry bridge.
    "The universe is under no obligation to make sense to you."
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

73 de Warren KB2VXA
    Station powered by atomic energy, operator powered by natural gas.

"...The sign said 'clearance to the 12-foot line'
    But them chickens was stacked to 13-9
    Well we shot that tunnel at a hundred and ten
    Like gas through a funnel and eggs through a hen
    We took that top row of chickens off slicker than scum off a Louisiana swamp..."

-- C.W. McCall, "Wolf Creek Pass"

I just couldn't resist.
    73 de Mike, N5RLR

"I drink for the honorable purpose of getting bagged." -- Jackie Gleason
    "It is my belief...that the truth is generally preferable to lies." -- Albus Dumbledore

That's great fun. Noticed a lot of rentals. Local truck renters should warn of that pass. LOL!
    Came within a half inch of wrecking a hi-cube through a bank drive through once when I drove delivery rigs.

Banned
    Hello.

13' 6" 102" 80,000,.

Quote Originally Posted by KA5PIU View Post
    Hello.

13' 6" 102" 80,000,.
    14'0" in most western states, including Tejas, Rudy. You should know that.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Banned
    Had a Wilson 1000 mag mount on my roof that plucked at least 2 long fluorescent tubes from a light fixture in the bank drive through once. This woman comes running out all excited, I said, I'm sorry. She says "It's NO problem." She was happy it was only the tubes and I was OK.