Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2010 CQWW SSB Contest

2010 CQWW SSB Contest

Who from the Island is in? Back to QRP for me this year. I'm going to use the new Flex 1500 I got. At least I'll get to use it in one contest before I have to ship it back for some warranty work.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

KS3D will be on intermittently. Working on Saturday, as usual. May have to yield operating to a backlog of yard work on Sunday, as well.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Quote Originally Posted by KC9ECI View Post
    Who from the Island is in? Back to QRP for me this year. I'm going to use the new Flex 1500 I got. At least I'll get to use it in one contest before I have to ship it back for some warranty work.
    I'll be operating at WE5DX . Likely to be just 3 of us , AD5OW , KC5NMB , and myself . Jim may teach the others of us to be real contest ops yet .
    I won't question your Creator's wisdom , but you are responsible for your own actions .

Russ, W5RB

I won't get a lot of op time for the contest but I'll get what I can. I've had a blast the last few days snagging a few new ones on 15 and 12M. Tonight is pretty much shot taking the kidling to the haunted forest and then to the community Halloween party. Tomorrow morning I have a semi-regular breakfast with a couple of my ham buddies. Tomorrow afternoon I have to go to my moms to cut up some trees that came down in the wind the other day. Sunday is going to be the best time for me to work what I can. QRP signals seem to get trough better near the end of the contest anyway.
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

Oh, and I might go call CQ Contest on 14.300 a couple times just to rattle the animals cage a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by KC9ECI View Post
    Oh, and I might go call CQ Contest on 14.300 a couple times just to rattle the animals cage a bit.
    If you really want to rattle some cages, do it right. Call CQ Contest phone on 18.070MHz.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

I'll be on from time to time. Body work on car, wiring on bike, washing another bike and yard work all await.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

I'll pop up on the bands from time to time.

Those of you on the West, please take pity on my mediocre signal on 160!
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

At leasst you have a signal on 160. One of these days...

Gave away some points on 160 all over Europe, heard several US stations with Brian on 1844, inverted L working fine with EWE antenna.
    Next: mount new MFJ 988 Intellituner ( 1.5 Kw) outside in waterproof box and connect to Inverted L.

Lets see what that brings on 80 and up.
    Last edited by PA5COR; 10-30-2010 at 02:20 AM.
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution