Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drybox

Drybox

Chuck W3YNI tipped me off to this... it's a plastic waterproof box for outdoor use, complete with "feed throughs"

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/58-14220

Cost is $19.95 plus shipping right now.

I ordered one Monday afternoon, and the box was sitting on my porch when I got home today. It may be just about the right size for my remote auto-tuner & a small battery... I plan on trying just that with it sometime in the next week or so.

Even if you don't use it in the shack, I can see where it can be very useful.

(I have no personal interest in the company or the product, but it sounds like a good deal, so if it will work for you, why miss out?)

“Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Good find, Ron. May work at my gun club to house voice-release control boxes for our Canterbury systems. I shall be happy to pass the link along to our "engineering department" -- such as it is. :roll:
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!

"We only become what we are by the radical and deep-seated refusal of that which others have made of us." --- Jean-Paul Sartre.

"Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past." --- George Orwell.

Quote Originally Posted by W3MIV View Post
    Good find, Ron. May work at my gun club to house voice-release control boxes for our Canterbury systems. I shall be happy to pass the link along to our "engineering department" -- such as it is. :roll:
    Thanks Alb, but please credit Chuck. I'm only passing his tip along.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.

Cutch 300!!!!!

I need a small (1"H x 6"L x 3-6"W) waterproof plastic box with a flip front. Any suggestions on where to find such a contraption?
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    Chuck W3YNI tipped me off to this... it's a plastic waterproof box for outdoor use, complete with "feed throughs"

http://www.mcmelectronics.com/product/58-14220

Cost is $19.95 plus shipping right now.

I ordered one Monday afternoon, and the box was sitting on my porch when I got home today. It may be just about the right size for my remote auto-tuner & a small battery... I plan on trying just that with it sometime in the next week or so.

Even if you don't use it in the shack, I can see where it can be very useful.

(I have no personal interest in the company or the product, but it sounds like a good deal, so if it will work for you, why miss out?)

Dry Box Huh?
    Nope, I'm not gonna do it.

Quote Originally Posted by w2amr View Post
    Dry Box Huh?
    Nope, I'm not gonna do it.
    Good choice, don't go there. Take the high road and let Charles make the inevitable joke.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

I didn't name it, and my dirty mind didn't let that one go to waste...

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!

Banned

Works wonders for drybox.

Quote Originally Posted by N2KKM View Post

Works wonders for drybox.
    How did I know that was coming?

Interjecting some seriousness (I apolize!), some of the best waterproof cases made today are from Pelican. Injection molded composites and a lifetime guarantee. Good stuff, and the smaller cases aren't very expensive. Rugged shit, but no built-in cable access that I've ever seen. This is what many pros use to transport fragile electronic and photo gear through U.S. airports. They come in just about any size imaginable and are sold at most higher-end photo dealers.