Thread: Rig control in Ubuntu

Rig control in Ubuntu

Any support for it?

Is an analog to HRD for Windows offered in any of the current distros?

Gonna start an upgrade project soon and I would rather load some form of Linux if possible - but at the same time I must have the ability to control a TS-940S/KAM combo. Or use a sound card interface for the digi modes.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

IIRC, Fldigi has rig control built into it; at least it does on the Winnders side. I don't know how Kenwoods link with the computer -- I am an ICOM user and so am familiar with the CI-V interfacing through the serial port.

I used Ubuntu for a good while in a dual-boot configuration. I never could get good utility out of it for ham ops, though. I believe Luke, AD4MG is an Ubuntu guy -- maybe PM him and ax if he has any suggestions. My only criticism of our wondrous forums here is that this particular arena often goes for long periods of inattention.
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!

"We only become what we are by the radical and deep-seated refusal of that which others have made of us." --- Jean-Paul Sartre.

"Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past." --- George Orwell.

I don't recall but I think the Shackbox distro is Ubuntu based and there is a working copy of HRD in that package. It's been over a year since I messed about with it briefly so I can't say for sure.
    Last edited by KC9ECI; 11-02-2010 at 02:52 PM. Reason: eye kant spel
    I am surprised at such a sudden deterioration in a woman whose only ailment was a lazy anus.

Orca Whisperer
    hamlib has support for your rig, if I recall correctly. If it works under HRD, it should work with hamlib.
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com