Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The SSTVers are really torqued today.

The SSTVers are really torqued today.

A25MB on 14.222, listening 5-10 up. The jamming of the DX is comical.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

And I'll betcha anything the frequency was more or less clear when he started, and IF he asked if the frequency was in use, nobody replied.

Frakin' turf wars.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post
    And I'll betcha anything the frequency was more or less clear when he started, and IF he asked if the frequency was in use, nobody replied.

Frakin' turf wars.
    The really sad part is that these dummies don't seem to understand that if they jam the pile-up / DX, it only prolongs the pain; it doesn't stop it. :roll:
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

During the Pa QSO Party, there was a station on 75 SSB from a county I needed to work. Had a nice pile-up going that he was quickly & efficiently working through -- until the jamming started.

After a few comments from a loud signal that did not identify, the station was informed that HE was interferring with a QSO in progress and that he was in the AM Window. Which was a reserved frequency (didn't you know that?). Oh, and there were PLENTY of open frequencies to use, so "please" (not said very nicely) vacate this one.

The county station apologized and disappeared. And I never worked him (although I got someone else from that county later).

No other QSO on that frequency was heard, including an alleged AM signal. Although it's possible that I couldn't hear it due to propagation shifts.

Someone also tried that shnike on me that same evening. I was on 3794 ... yes, in the "DX Window" but I asked several times if the frequency was in use, never heard a thing... when some yo-you ordered me to move & then started calling CQ DX 2 kc above me, then accused ME of interferring with him. I had a few choice words for him. First I worked through the pile-up (hard to believe I had one, but that's beside the point) after saying I was going to go to CW at the top of the hour or the end of the calls, whichever came last.

When I was done, I told him a few words on delilberate interference, on sharing the frequency, on respect, and telling him that if had simply ASKED me to move, not jammed me and interferred with me in violation of Part 97, I would have gladly done so.

Jacka$$ sent me an email overnight (I still have it) with a half-a$$ed apology followed by a rant on how he was right, I was wrong, and didn't I know that we "only" have 10 kHz to work DX?

Some people couldn't find their anal oriface if you put both of their hands on the cheeks of their gluetus maximus and told them to bring their fingers together.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

I would have been a little upset myself, Ron. I spent a lot of time in the 75m DX window.

That being said, I think a polite and gentle reminder of the DX window is all that was needed. Apparently your antagonist doesn't have that much tact.

Latest ClubLog entries.

Instruct this relative noob here: You aren't supposed to call CQ DX in the DX window? If not, what's it's purpose? Not criticizing anyone here, just looking for the skinny.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

IBT3LA (In Before The 3-Land Apologista).

...puff...puff..."Well, you youngsters (no-code, non-FCC-examined Extra Class wonders) should by golly well know to stay away from the SSTV allocation...puff puff...regardless of the FCC's position on the matter because it's a damn GENTLEMAN'S AGREEMENT!!!"
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Instruct this relative noob here: You aren't supposed to call CQ DX in the DX window? If not, what's it's purpose? Not criticizing anyone here, just looking for the skinny.
    It's considered "bad form" to have domestic Qs in the 75m DX window (approx. 3.785 to 3.800). Nothing absolutely wrong with it, just not very welcome. If you're working the PA QSO Party, that's typically considered domestic operation.

Everywhere else in the world, the 75m band stops at 3.800, so that's were the DX tends to gather. It's pretty hard to hear a station in Australia or Japan underneath a domestic NA QSO.

With the expansion of the SSB section down to 3.600, there's even less of a reason to carry on domestic Qs there, IMO.
    Last edited by KJ3N; 10-25-2010 at 04:17 PM.

Latest ClubLog entries.

Okay, so it's for DX stations to call CQ, not for domestic stations to call for a DX QSO then? Got it, and thanks.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Okay, so it's for DX stations to call CQ, not for domestic stations to call for a DX QSO then? Got it, and thanks.
    No, it's fine for NA stations to call CQ DX in the window. It's not considered OK to just call CQ and then start carrying on a domestic QSO between 2 NA (or USA, if you prefer) stations.

Latest ClubLog entries.