Thread: Has the Yaesu FTM-10SR been discontinued?

Has the Yaesu FTM-10SR been discontinued?

Yesterday I was snooping around on Yaesu's site, looking for documentation on the FTM-10R and FTM-10SR. Lo and behold, the -10SR is no longer listed.

The radios retail for $419. A couple months ago I got a pair of them for $279 each, which I thought was a great deal.

Universal has an 'October special' on them - $199. HamCity betters that: $189.

Anyone have the low-down?

Hopefully Yaesu is coming out with a 10W tri (or quad) bander suitable for motorcycle use as a replacement. I would absolutely love to have a waterproof, remote-mount FM rig which covers 10, 6, 2, 220 and 440 with a general-coverage (or VHF/UHF wideband) receiver.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

That is an interesting question. Maybe we should get them while they are cheap.

Not only are they cheap, you get a free Yaesu ball cap with purchase! I'm buyin' three! w00t!
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

SK Member (Late April, 2019) W4RLR's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Not only are they cheap, you get a free Yaesu ball cap with purchase! I'm buyin' three! w00t!
    Of course you can always just go to a hamfest and get a couple of them there. That's where I got my ball caps. But you can never have enough radios, especially Yaesu radios. With the exception of my D-STAR HT, every radio I have is a Yaesu.
    73 de Richard W4RLR
    Southern born,
    Southern bred, centrist conservative.
    Posting messages via HughesNet satellite internet.

Retired U.S. Air Force NCO
    Member, Sons of Confederate Veterans
    The Ancient Order of Turtles
    ARRL, SPAR, Six Meters Worldwide, Chattanooga ARC
    ARRL Accredited VE