Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Imbibement collection a la Dollar Tree

Banned

Imbibement collection a la Dollar Tree

L) Pilsner glass (big one)
    M) Tulip glass, Belgians, Stouts
    R) Wine glass (very big one) (better to sniff you with my dear)

total cost for the lot, $3.
    Last edited by kc7jty; 10-22-2010 at 08:53 PM.

Dollar Tree? Sweet.......
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

Banned
    Our Chinese friends are very industrious these days.
    They are all nice, no wobble/egg shape, no boogers in the glass, etc...
    Last edited by kc7jty; 10-22-2010 at 08:58 PM.

Got my bar ware at an auction (surprise). Only catch was that we had to buy a case of each kind of glass. Several of us each bought a case or two of different styles and then traded afterward. Got 4 each highball, pilsner, snifter, shot, old fashioned, and wine glasses for 5 bucks total.
    "The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it." - George Orwell

Banned
    Somebody always has to do it better, my tire just went flat.
    I used to break wine glasses at the rate of about 1 every two months till I perfected my hand washing technique. I have one that has lasted 3 years or better now.

Good find, Bill. Like the tulip especially.

Since I generally only drink reds, I opted for stemless balloons. Loaded up on them when Linens'n'Things went belly up some time back. This has greatly reduced my breakage -- it was almost always the stems I was snapping with my ham-handed management.

Several years back (at least fifteen, but the mind balks), when a couple of friends "borrowed" our house for their wedding, the caterer who did the reception here afterward left a rack of 64 standard small stems. Several calls to them failed to produce a response, so I stowed them away. I haul them out in small lots for them who want chilled whites (though I don't know why I bother since the uncultured boobs always handle the glasses by the bowls, anyway). Most of the rack remains intact.
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!

"We only become what we are by the radical and deep-seated refusal of that which others have made of us." --- Jean-Paul Sartre.

"Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past." --- George Orwell.

Nice find, Bill.
    Now about that scanner, that isn't the first time I've seen it appear in your photos.
    I'd like to know what you monitor with it, in the kitchen and or dining area :)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Nice find, Bill.
    Now about that scanner, that isn't the first time I've seen it appear in your photos.
    I'd like to know what you monitor with it, in the kitchen and or dining area :)
    Got that Bearcat 201 in 1985 to monitor the local railroad bands. Use it now to monitor 146.560 (our simplex freq), and occasionally the weather.
    The rg8x line is a jumper attached to a so-239 dipole cut for 2 meters. It hangs from a hook screwed into the ceiling proving I'm single. No woman alive would allow such a thing in her house.
    It performs surprisingly well.
    Last edited by kc7jty; 10-23-2010 at 02:53 PM.

It hangs from a hook screwed into the ceiling proving I'm single.

True dat!

Fine Business Olde Mahn HiHi QSO?

I fashioned and indoor equivalent of a bipolar discone back in the 90's supported by a tripod on the dresser. We have separate bedrooms.

As far as glassware goes, the boy broke pretty much everything and he wonders why we ushered him out of the dwelling as soon as he was, of age. He complained that his sister got preferential treatment. She didn't break everything in sight. Something that he mistook as an entitlement.

Banned
    there was a boy too...A?