Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 75m Saturday night?

Silent Key Member 5-25-2015 W1GUH's Avatar

75m Saturday night?

I'll be upstate with the mobile on Saturday and anytime before about 11:00 PM EDT is good for me. Just got the TR-7 running. Dunno what was wrong -- checked the ALC adjustment & it was just fine; maybe I was just way too tired and excited last weekend and forgot to turn up the mic gain? DOH! :homer:

Anyway, it's working fine now & I"m itching and dying to get 'er on the air. I'll be on 40 some in the morning between about 9 and 10, then a little in the afternoon. Will probably do some band-hopping to check it out all over the place. Will probably even give 160 a whirl Sat. night.

Hope a few of you can make it.
    If it's a war on drugs, then free the POW's.

Undisclosed solar powered burrow in Southern Maryland
    Sure, im in! Keep me in the SSB General side and I will tune up and see whats up! May even try 160 with you as well!
    Yeah...I'm a furry...Deal with it!

OK...just to get things rolling, how about 9:00 PM on 3810? That's a totally arbitrary pick, subject to easy change if somebody thinks another time/freq woud be better. I'll have my analyzer with me so I can tune the antenna just about anywhere.

9:00 PM on Saturday? I plan to be otherwise "engaged" in other activities. :yum: ;)
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Quote Originally Posted by W1GUH View Post
    OK...just to get things rolling, how about 9:00 PM on 3810? That's a totally arbitrary pick, subject to easy change if somebody thinks another time/freq woud be better. I'll have my analyzer with me so I can tune the antenna just about anywhere.
    With the usual +/- Will listen for you and be on here as well to get a "spot" of where you are at.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N View Post
    9:00 PM on Saturday? I plan to be otherwise "engaged" in other activities. :yum: ;)
    See ya at 9:01:15 shippy!

Quote Originally Posted by w3bny View Post
    See ya at 9:01:15 shippy!
    You're off by an hour. Maybe 10:01:15. Maybe....

Don't project your issues onto others. It can be embarrassing...... for you. :rofl:
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

There's some theorem about "loud" and "length". One or the other but not both?

Or maybe the size of one's mouth in inversly proportional to the size of one's.....

Quote Originally Posted by W1GUH View Post
    Or maybe the size of one's mouth in inversly proportional to the size of one's.....
    For some, I imagine that's true...... for some..... ;)

Latest ClubLog entries.

Anyhoo....

Will set a reminder for Saturday night! I will check in on this thread for spots!