Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Life's Been Good (So Far)

Life's Been Good (So Far)

I already liked WB6ACU. Learning that he's from New Jersey was a bonus!

Now, if you don't recognize the call...

The Eagles had a 3 hour concert last night at the new Consol Energy Center. Fantastic show. My wife totally loved it. And she was right, the group is better live than they are on their albums, and their albums are very good.

They played just about all of their old songs, a good bit of stuff from their new album. Joe Walsh performed his big solo hit "Life's Been Good To Me (So Far)" with the band, and Don Henley did the same with his big solo "Dirty Laundry"

Best lines from the concert:

Joe Walsh introducing "Live's Been Good" by saying "They tell me I wrote this song... I don't remember" with a big theatrical shrug and gesture.

Glen Fry introducing "Lyin' Eyes" by dedicating the song to "my first wife... Plaintiff"

Now... on the way out, my wife bought two (unofficial/unauthorized) concert T-Shirts from a street vendor. Of course, only one was XL -- the other was a Medium. Anybody want a Medium Eagles 2010 Tour T-Shirt for our cost ($10)?

(No reports of WB6ACU showing up on any of the local repeaters, but you never know. And the next time I run into Joe in the Hamvention flea market, I hope I have an Eagles CD with me -- and enough nerve to ask him to sign it)
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.
    Teslacle's Deviant to Fudd's Law: It goes in, it must go out.

Just remember: Abraham Lincoln didn't die in vain. He died in Washington, DC

Cutch 300!!!!!

“Nero fiddled while Rome burned. Trump golfed.” — Bernie Sanders

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

Check out his QTH on Google Maps. You can clearly see his big old beam.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Underneath the Atomic Ooze of Hanford, WA
    Quote Originally Posted by W3WN View Post

(No reports of WB6ACU showing up on any of the local repeaters, but you never know. And the next time I run into Joe in the Hamvention flea market, I hope I have an Eagles CD with me -- and enough nerve to ask him to sign it)
    Bring a James Gang album. Tell him you have people who know Jim Fox (James Gang drummer), who used to be a big license plate collector. Really nice guy and very unassuming.

I think it's pretty funny the James Gang convergence. I was a big fan of "Funk 49" when I was a kid. To have one of the band members be a license plate collector and another a ham radio operator is off the scale.
    Last edited by WX7P; 10-20-2010 at 02:30 PM.
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/nx6d/ham%20radio/SANY1260.jpg

Do the street level in front of the house.
    "Friendships come in strange packages
    The best ones are opened with a smile"

NA4BH '15

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Check out his QTH on Google Maps. You can clearly see his big old beam.
    I don't think that can fit in the limo.

Reminds me, I need to make sure I'm caught up on my QSL's with NK7U. Little Miss Field Day would like to add one to her baseball collection -- he was never a Pirate, but he was a ballplayer!
    Last edited by W3WN; 10-20-2010 at 02:33 PM.
    “Nobody is going to feel sorry for us. 90% of the people don’t care, the other 10% are glad it happened.” — Clint Hurdle, 2019

BAN THE DH!

Fudd's First Law of Opposition: If you push something hard enough, it WILL fall down.

Cutch 300!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NA4BH View Post
    Do the street level in front of the house.
    That's a much better view of the beam; some of the elements don't show up well in the overhead shot.

I recognize that design, but can't put my finger on the name.

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!

Underneath the Atomic Ooze of Hanford, WA
    I don't think that can fit in the limo.

Reminds me, I need to make sure I'm caught up on my QSL's with NK7U. Little Miss Field Day would like to add one to her baseball collection -- he was never a Pirate, but he was a ballplayer!
    Another cosmic connection. Joe Rudi was my favorite player on the 1972 A's World Series team. I've talked to him on the air a few times, mobile, and he's a hell of a nice guy. Lives in Baker, OR.
    http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q275/nx6d/ham%20radio/SANY1260.jpg

That's a much better view of the beam; some of the elements don't show up well in the overhead shot.

I recognize that design, but can't put my finger on the name.
    He's got a couple stacked up, looks like a very nice arrangement. I wonder what his shack is like.

Later: Looks like he's into boat anchors, although he's got something newer in there as well.

Last edited by NQ6U; 10-20-2010 at 02:57 PM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

TH-11, maybe?

Wb6acu[1].jpgAnd now we know what's inside his place!

BAN THE DH!

Cutch 300!!!!!