Thread: Signs of life on 10m during JARTS

Signs of life on 10m during JARTS

I almost never bother look on 10m for contest contacts, but today's been interesting. Several Qs to the West Coast today for the JARTS contest:

17-Oct-2010 19:17:12 28078.7 RTTY VE7AX
    17-Oct-2010 19:31:06 28081.1 RTTY VE7BSM
    17-Oct-2010 19:51:34 28087.7 RTTY WN6K
    17-Oct-2010 19:55:27 28087.3 RTTY N6PE
    17-Oct-2010 19:58:22 28084.1 RTTY W7OM

Interesting tidbit; the two VE7s are in the same town.

Still trolling 10m for a few more minutes, but I think I'm just about done on 10m.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Fifteen was not as bad as I thought it would be, and FY5FY has a big pile up right now on 24.956.3.
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!

"We only become what we are by the radical and deep-seated refusal of that which others have made of us." --- Jean-Paul Sartre.

"Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past." --- George Orwell.

There's a fury of activity on 12m. Just work PJ6A with 2.5 watts.
    "People Who Don't Want Their Beliefs Laughed at Shouldn't Have Such Funny Beliefs" -AD5MB

"If someone tells you he believes in and talks to an invisible bunny named Harvey, you put him on medication and a regimen of therapy. If someone tells you he believes in and talks to God, well, that's perfectly acceptable. Why that's the case is impossible for me to fathom." - WP2XX

Latest ClubLog entries.

Quote Originally Posted by W3MIV View Post
    Fifteen was not as bad as I thought it would be, and FY5FY has a big pile up right now on 24.956.3.
    It took all 100 watts to break that pile-up.

Latest ClubLog entries.

Tiki Bearer
    I found some activity on 10...FINALLY !!!

22 Q's 7 Countries and 3 Sections

Could have been worse !!!

Quote Originally Posted by KB3LIX View Post
    I found some activity on 10...FINALLY !!!

22 Q's 7 Countries and 3 Sections

Could have been worse !!!

Yup, could've been a LOT worse. ;)
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!

"We only become what we are by the radical and deep-seated refusal of that which others have made of us." --- Jean-Paul Sartre.

"Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past." --- George Orwell.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ3N View Post
    It took all 100 watts to break that pile-up.
    I had already worked FY on three bands in the past, so I called a few times then moved on. When I did come across him, it was a pile-up reminiscent of the Peter I Island pile-ups and I was kind of surprised that Didier (if I recall his name properly) was not working split. He had a marvelous signal into MD, so I am sure also into DE, neighbor.
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!

The 'Bowl was rolling in earnest yesterday morning and that was my first clue as to the opening which was to unfold on 10.

Sadly, I missed working any of it. Got into some reloading, auto body and motorcycle projects along with general household hoo-hah.

There was a considerable amount of activity throughout the 24-30MHz spectrum into late evening.

This afternoon should be good to play radio. Nothing planned thus far except for a bit of grocery shopping when 'DSG returns home from work.
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Stumbled across Saba (PJ6A) this morning on 24.951.50 (listening up three) and nailed it on third call.
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!

Just got 5V7TT barefoot on 14.320.00 -- Silvano working simplex.
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!