Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Amiga Forever

Silent Key Member 5-25-2015 W1GUH's Avatar

Amiga Forever

My sentiments, but this is a product. I just ran across this while google-ing for the name of the Amiga operating system for another thread. Turns out it's AmgigaOS. DUH!!! I think it's a subset of Unix, but not sure of that.

Anyway, this Amiga Forever looks kinda cool...I really, really miss my Amiga days. I've still got the whole Amiga system and if I ever get one of those "round tuits", I'll set that up for old time's sake AND for the awesome games I had for it.

Bioggest frustration with it, though, is it attracted a lot of vaporware. Never could get my hands on a genlock.

Anybody ever play with this Amiga Forever stuff? I costs money (but not a lot) and, maybe worse, could turn into a time sink...albeit a fun one!

Get out your workbench and 1,3 Rom!!!
    Last edited by W1GUH; 10-14-2010 at 02:20 PM.
    If it's a war on drugs, then free the POW's.

You mean that car that was made in Mexico during the 70's and only sold here for 4 or 5 months?

No, he's talking about the computer, built by Commodore, that had the distinction of attracting a fan-boy contingent that was even more rabid than that of the Macintosh.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    No, he's talking about the computer, built by Commodore, that had the distinction of attracting a fan-boy contingent that was even more rabid than that of the Macintosh.
    OOH! Yeah, until just a few years ago they were the darling of hamfests everywhere. Didn't make much sense to me though. I'm glad we've moved on in the WoH. World of Hamdom!
    Hey, if you're into that kind of thing ... I knew a guy that loved his in the 90's.

The real darling of the ham set was the Commodore 64 itself. In fact, I know of one such unit that was running a unique program pretty much around the clock for a certain agency we cannot mention. Last I heard of it was a few years ago, but for aught I know, it may still be humming happily along doing its patriotic duty.
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!

"We only become what we are by the radical and deep-seated refusal of that which others have made of us." --- Jean-Paul Sartre.

"Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past." --- George Orwell.

Amiga plus the Video Toaster ROCKED for for editing back in the day. Interesting hardware platform...
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

I miss the old PDP and VAX days.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    I miss acetate pressings.
    I miss wax cylinders.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    I miss wax cylinders.
    Remember when everyone ate dirt, and was happy to have it?