Thread: VK this morning on 30m...

VK this morning on 30m...

Merv, VK4EM, in Springside, Queensland from the East Coast under these condx is pretty good. Had to use an average of sixty watts on PSK31, and my wire is oriented north-to-south, so the path either way is long, long, long.Attachment 3385
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!

"We only become what we are by the radical and deep-seated refusal of that which others have made of us." --- Jean-Paul Sartre.

"Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past." --- George Orwell.

Right along the gray line. Nice catch!

30m is full of surprises.

"Bacon, Beans and Limousines"
    "Actually, it's a Democratic Republic; Democratic comes first".
    Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is obviously me, But my attitude depends largely upon you.

I got turned on to 30m PSK31 by a guy I met on 40m one night. I'd never tried that band at all until he invited me over for a QSO and I'll be damned if it wasn't great. Far less QRN at my QTH and it opens up earlier in the day than 40m too. I just wish more people would use it.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    I just wish more people would use it.
    A lot more people are using the band than used too. It's a funny band. You may not see them at any given moment, but they're there...somebody is there all the time. I personally spent a solid year and a half drumming up business, babysitting the frequencies we were promoting 10 hrs a day, and bearing the scorn and ridicule of those who didn't understand what we were doing.
    No, it's not like the mess at 14.070, and I think it's better off for it.
    I continue encouraging anyone who's interested to spend some real time there, use the tools available through psk reporter and the 30m digital group.

"Bacon, Beans and Limousines"
    "Actually, it's a Democratic Republic; Democratic comes first".
    Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is obviously me, But my attitude depends largely upon you.