Thread: Is 20 dead tonight?

Orca Whisperer

Is 20 dead tonight?

Is it just me, or is 20 meters dead quiet tonight? Not a trace on the PSK watering hole :(
    Big Giant Meteor 2020 - We need to make Earth Great Again

http://www.coreyreichle.com

No sunspots, 7Mhz and lower is working. 3580 +/- has activity.
    "Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Quote Originally Posted by KC2UGV View Post
    Is it just me, or is 20 meters dead quiet tonight? Not a trace on the PSK watering hole :(
    Was working okay for me about 22:00 UCT. Had a QSO going with a guy from New Joisy going before DM 780 went wonky on me and I had to reboot.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    Was working okay for me about 22:00 UCT. Had a QSO going with a guy from New Joisy going before DM 780 went wonky on me and I had to reboot.
    Suffering from major program bloat?
    MultiPSK is your friend. (She's ugly, but she's always there when you need her)

"Bacon, Beans and Limousines"
    "Actually, it's a Democratic Republic; Democratic comes first".
    Please don't confuse my personality with my attitude. My personality is obviously me, But my attitude depends largely upon you.

Quote Originally Posted by ki4itv View Post
    Suffering from major program bloat?
    MultiPSK is your friend. (She's ugly, but she's always there when you need her)
    I have that one too but DM780 works fine for me 99% of the time. It's just that every once in a while it acts up and trashes something in the system heap and forces me to reboot. Can't even remember the last time it happened, though.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Worked some Ruskies on 160 last night, 160 starts to get alive now.
    A friend worked Madagaskar on 160, lots of activety on 80/40
    The lower bands will have it for the moment as it seems, though some activety on 20 is possible.

Sunspots , where??
    "If the Republicans will stop telling lies about the Democrats, we will stop
    telling the truth about them." - Adlai Stevenson (1900-1965)
    “I’m not liberal/conservative, I’m anti-idiotarian.”
    At some point in the last 20 years, the left moved to the center, and the right moved into a mental institution

Quote Originally Posted by PA5COR View Post
    Sunspots , where??
    I am my own spot of sun.
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!

"We only become what we are by the radical and deep-seated refusal of that which others have made of us." --- Jean-Paul Sartre.

"Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past." --- George Orwell.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    I have that one too but DM780 works fine for me 99% of the time. It's just that every once in a while it acts up and trashes something in the system heap and forces me to reboot. Can't even remember the last time it happened, though.
    I tried DM780 and found it quirky. I have also tried MultiPSK and a host of others. Of course, I am using a PC. Of all the digital programs I have tried, I find that DigiPan and MixW have given me the best overall performance and bang for the buck. -- especially, the buck spent on DigiPan ;) (thanks, Skip!).

Just downloaded and installed the latest MixW version (2.20 I believe) and find my registration is still valid. Nick and Denis have given us a very good program for very little cost.
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!

"We only become what we are by the radical and deep-seated refusal of that which others have made of us." --- Jean-Paul Sartre.

"Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past." --- George Orwell.