Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New AES catalogue (or, "catalog" to you whippersnappers) today...

New AES catalogue (or, "catalog" to you whippersnappers) today...

Alpha 9500 :yum: on the cover... gorgeous rig, but I confess I would just as soon keep the AL80B I rarely use and have the extra $6500 to put in other gear.

Also, bound in with the AES, a new MFJ catalog. This time, it seems, ol' Martin sprang for coated stock -- wowie, an upgrade that really makes his catalog a lot nicer. TU, MFJ.

Not in the mocket for anything, but it is always kinda like Christmas when new catalog comes in the mail stuffed to the gills with goodies I don't need but would love to have.
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!

"We only become what we are by the radical and deep-seated refusal of that which others have made of us." --- Jean-Paul Sartre.

"Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past." --- George Orwell.

Towers, man. I need four or five of those Texas Towers hundred-footers. And that big ol' tribander beam and that two-meter yagi and that IC-7800, too. And, yes, a Alpha 9500 as well.

(My AES catalog(ue) came today, too. Can you tell?)
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

I am surprised, TRULY surprised that outfits like AES and HRO have not gotten in to the specialized real estate market for retiring hams and other hams with more time and money.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    I am surprised, TRULY surprised that outfits like AES and HRO have not gotten in to the specialized real estate market for retiring hams and other hams with more time and money.
    Ah, yes, I can see it now. Ham City, Florida, located on the edge of the Everglades. (Inside Edge, no doubt.) Plenty of salt marsh to enhance your ground andgive you (and your neighbors) more DX for your buck. Ten thousand transceivers; four thousand amplifiers, 7,543,000 feet of fourteen gauge wire festooning every tree in the area; three thousand towers slowly subsiding in marshy soil. Alligators that glow in the dark, but nary a dog or a cat anywhere to be seen...

Buy now! We're holding your double-wide now, and if you act fast we'll through in wall-to-wall astroturf and an above-ground pool (the in-grounds tend to float out).
    73 de Albi

Veritas vos liberabit!

"We only become what we are by the radical and deep-seated refusal of that which others have made of us." --- Jean-Paul Sartre.

"Who controls the past, controls the future. Who controls the present, controls the past." --- George Orwell.

Quote Originally Posted by W3MIV View Post
    Ah, yes, I can see it now. Ham City, Florida, located on the edge of the Everglades. (Inside Edge, no doubt.) Plenty of salt marsh to enhance your ground andgive you (and your neighbors) more DX for your buck. Ten thousand transceivers; four thousand amplifiers, 7,543,000 feet of fourteen gauge wire festooning every tree in the area; three thousand towers slowly subsiding in marshy soil. Alligators that glow in the dark, but nary a dog or a cat anywhere to be seen...

Buy now! We're holding your double-wide now, and if you act fast we'll through in wall-to-wall astroturf and an above-ground pool (the in-grounds tend to float out).
    Yes. I thought of it first. You didn't. Neenur!

Quote Originally Posted by W3MIV View Post
    ...Also, bound in with the AES, a new MFJ catalog.
    This time, it seems, ol' Martin sprang for coated stock --
    wowie, an upgrade that really makes his catalog a lot nicer. TU, MFJ...
    Personally, I tend to look at it the other way. I'm much more impressed with a
    company that uses less resources to print their hard copy catalogs compared to
    one that tries to "wow" me with "purty pitchurs".

Same with NOT receiving catalogs. Some companies simply cannot delete me
    from their hard copy mail list. I simply refuse to buy from them.

Just one of those things I do.

Craig 'Lumpy' Lemke

www.n0eq.com

Just one of those things I do.
    Yeah, but you have bananas in your ears.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    Yeah, but you have bananas in your ears.
    "WHAT??"
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KJ6BSO View Post
    "WHAT??"
    What, indeed - seems that Lumpy's fabled avatar has been (gasp!) disappeared!
    "Everyone wants to be an AM Gangsta until it's time to start doing AM Gangsta shit."

Perhaps the dingo ate my bananas.