Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TASER is toast.

Banned

TASER is toast.

Hello.

The Supreme Court of the US has decided to let stand a ruling by refusing to hear any appeals.
    http://news.newamericamedia.org/news...e05df23b6e897f
    This ruling opens the way for the public a large to sue a police officer irrespective of any state immunity.
    Bottom line is that a cop is using deadly force when he uses a TASER and thus the same protections to the use of any firearms apply.

Banned
    Gunna be a lotta sad doughnut eating pork rolls over this one.

"Where would we be without the agitators of the world to attach the electrodes
    of knowledge to the nipples of ignorance?" ~ Professor "Dick" Soloman

Banned
    Oh WOW! Extra crunchy on artificial maple flavor, my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by WØTKX View Post
    Never would have taken you for a health food nut, Dave.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

I can only imagine the cases that have never hit the news or internet. Then consider all the college dorm parties and frat houses that use tasers as a form of entertainment. Young guys who claim to have built up a tolerance for getting zapped.

Furkin' Coronado cop--it figures. Those guys are a bunch of loose cannons to begin with. It was an off-duty Coronado cop who shot Chargers linebacker Scott Foley and ended his career.

(Furkin' was a typo, but I liked it so much I left it in.)
    Last edited by NQ6U; 10-02-2010 at 03:37 PM.
    All the world’s a stage, but obviously the play is unrehearsed and everybody is ad-libbing his lines. Maybe that’s why it’s hard to tell if we’re living in a tragedy or a farce.

Quote Originally Posted by KG4CGC View Post
    I can only imagine the cases that have never hit the news or internet. Then consider all the college dorm parties and frat houses that use tasers as a form of entertainment. Young guys who claim to have built up a tolerance for getting zapped.
    If they think they are immune to being zapped they are welcome to put one hand on the B+ final plate supply of my Globe King 500 power supply and the other hand on the chassis ground while it is energized.... LOL. Of course after signing a disclaimer waiving me of any responsibility.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Getting back to the OP s point I think it is about time they take some serious steps to address the misuse/overuse of the taser. It seems these days they TASER is the first line of action. Everybody is being TASED from 4 year old kids to 96 year old grandma's over petty BS. Maybe it is time to take the tasers away.
    I keep my 2 feet on the ground, and my head in the twilight zone.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by n2ize View Post
    Getting back to the OP s point I think it is about time they take some serious steps to address the misuse/overuse of the taser. It seems these days they TASER is the first line of action. Everybody is being TASED from 4 year old kids to 96 year old grandma's over petty BS. Maybe it is time to take the tasers away.
    Hello.

That may be just what has happened.